The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

2 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Possibly but I think it would be beneficial for Gaudette to get more ice time. We shall see!! 

I trust that Benning and Green will converse and determine the best course of action.

2 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Excited to see what leivo can bring. He plays a tenacious game and could possibly help our struggle top 6, he has shown some flashes of good offensive instincts. I like this one.

Same.

1 minute ago, SuitnTie said:

Looks like we gave up a bottom 6 AHL guy for a bottom 6 maybe potential for top 6 NHL guy. Good trade for Vancouver if you ask me! 

Carcone will most likely become a bottom 6 nhl player by the way he is progressing.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Maybe not before Sutter is ready to return:

I totally agree with Benning's decision on Gaudette. Gaudette plays the game the right way and is improving day by day and could turn the corner soon and start chipping in offensively.

Penalty killers Schaller and Granlund have been getting owned and it's been hurting the team lately. I've been hoping they'd try Gaudette think he'd be pretty good on the PK with the tools he has and this team needs any little thing that could help right now.

Let's be real, Carcone was never going to become a Canuck. He's a RW, which the Canucks have plenty of. Leivo helps the left side and he's got some size (4 inches taller and 25 heavier than Carcone). Does he have some speed? His NHL stats aren't anything to write home about, but maybe this change of scenery will help him?

I wonder what his thoughts are: He's from Ontario, was a Maple Leaf, who are poised to go deep in the playoffs this year, and now he's been traded to a bottom feeding team out west.

I hope he's a pro about it and gives it his all here. 

Archived