Canucks Community

"Baby It's Cold Outside" pulled from radio

Dazzle

Just now, Shift-4 said:

the whole world has run amok

Can't you see?

A crossing dressing episode with two old men and a puppet  :frantic: 

Crossover, not crossdresser. Geez!

Supposedly though, Ernie Coombs was a serious pervert. I can only imagine what he did in the depths of the Tickle Trunk....

large_Mr_Dressup_70s.jpg

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Crossover, not crossdresser. Geez!

Supposedly though, Ernie Coombs was a serious pervert. I can only imagine what he did in the depths of the Tickle Trunk....

large_Mr_Dressup_70s.jpg

I know what your true intentions are.

Just like the radio execs know the true intentions of the male singer in the song of topic.

Don't pretend I am oblivious to your devious ways.

Just now, Shift-4 said:

I know what your true intentions are.

Just like the radio execs know the true intentions of the male singer in the song of topic.

Don't pretend I am oblivious to your devious ways.

What are you insinuating? How dare you accuse me of such deviations!

Clearly Shift has no idea and is merely my patsy for spreading lies and deceitful mistruths about Mr. Dress-up. I mean who calls themselves Mr. Dress-up anyways? A stone cold pervert with intentions of malfeasance and smut filled puppetry. Wait.....did I post this? Ah &^@#! 

Funny...heard the song about a month ago and thought "hmm, it's kind of inappropriate in this day and age".

The world has changed (a lot).   We used to smoke on planes and in offices, actors carried their drinks up on stage and men's and women's "roles" were much different.  Flirtation was much more innocent (or at least seemed to be...although, hearing of some of the things that went on with the Cosby's of the world...maybe not).

When you have songs that have lyrics that are basically what did you put in my drink....yeah.  No.

Persuasion is fine.  Sweet talking. 

But we're finding there's a fine line that some cross over.  That not accepting "no, I have to go" can be a huge problem.

I have to think some more about this one.  My gut instinct before this went down was there was a time and place for this song, but it's not longer cute.  Because the creeps of the world ruin everything.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Do I think a song will result in someone being hurt?  No.

Do I think a climate that says it's acceptable to pressure someone into something is part of creating an atmosphere where some will take it too far?  Hmm, probably.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:17 PM, Ryan Strome said:

Yup it's only been alright for 70 years time to change it so todays softy snowflakes don't have their feelings hurt.

Well... Merry Christmas kos

Oh shoot am I allowed to say Merry Christmas?

Absolutely, Merry Christmas my friend.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Funny...heard the song about a month ago and thought "hmm, it's kind of inappropriate in this day and age".

The world has changed (a lot).   We used to smoke on planes and in offices, actors carried their drinks up on stage and men's and women's "roles" were much different.  Flirtation was much more innocent (or at least seemed to be...although, hearing of some of the things that went on with the Cosby's of the world...maybe not).

When you have songs that have lyrics that are basically what did you put in my drink....yeah.  No.

Persuasion is fine.  Sweet talking. 

But we're finding there's a fine line that some cross over.  That not accepting "no, I have to go" can be a huge problem.

I have to think some more about this one.  My gut instinct before this went down was there was a time and place for this song, but it's not longer cute.  Because the creeps of the world ruin everything.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Do I think a song will result in someone being hurt?  No.

Do I think a climate that says it's acceptable to pressure someone into something is part of creating an atmosphere where some will take it too far?  Hmm, probably.

What are your thoughts on rap music? 

11 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

What are your thoughts on rap music? 

Oh God, don't get me going.  But I just tend to ignore it. 

That's the thing I guess...you could find something in everything if you look hard enough.   Music should be fairly off limits because it's "art".  Creativity.  Not to be followed like directions or instructions.

On the fence here.  Not sure how I feel about it all, really.  I'm leaning toward just "Let It Be".

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's the thing I guess...you could find something in everything if you look hard enough.   Music should be fairly off limits because it's "art".  Creativity.  Not to be followed like directions or instructions.

On the fence here.  Not sure how I feel about it all, really.  I'm leaning toward just "Let It Be".

Just let it be.... but it is still definately Pervy.......     but i 100% respect the right of people to express themselves.......

58 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's tough, I know. However, I think we need to remember the climate of when songs like "baby it's cold out side" were written. Social media wasn't a thing and no animals or people were harmed in the making. Let it be.

9 hours ago, VanGnome said:

LOL, bad people doing depraved and deplorable things like raping (anyone it could be female on male rape, though less common, at least in terms of reporting metrics), is not the same thing as, as a society accepting and perpetuating rape (which is what "rape culture" insinuates).

As a society, we view the act as depraved, vile and highly illegal, and we have laws around that (which admittedly could be better, but our current justice system is predicated on burden of proof). How people perceive it is a separate issue and is social, not cultural.

If someone is so absolutely triggered by hearing "baby it's cold outside" on the radio, a song let me remind people has been around since 1959, that maybe, just maybe those individuals should seek help to deal with those feelings when being triggered. This is just a byproduct of a social movement crossing the line and not keeping themselves in check, losing focus on bigger issues such as improving the environment such that people who have been victims of rape feel more empowered to actually report the things that have been done to them.

Removing the things that trigger people from our culture instead of addressing the issues and leaving artistic freedom alone is the complete wrong approach.

The NPC meme is real.

People in this thread need to really educate themselves on what “Rape Culture” actually is. The reactions in here to something from over a half century ago not being played on the radio are laughable at best. Do some reading. Start with this article on 80s popculture movies:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/9/27/17906644/sixteen-candles-rape-culture-1980s-brett-kavanaugh

Just now, 406in604 said:

It's tough, I know. However, I think we need to remember the climate of when songs like "baby it's cold out side" were written. Social media wasn't a thing and no animals or people were harmed in the making. Let it be.

The world has certainly changed..... thankfully humans keep evolving.....   

Kids these days seem to have better values than the kids that i grew up among.....     I have faith in the human race. 

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

The world has certainly changed..... thankfully humans keep evolving.....   

Kids these days seem to have better values than the kids that i grew up among.....     I have faith in the human race. 

Faith in our government though? That our government is pulling Christmas songs off the radio. The same government who doesn't like mankind, but prefers people kind. Who changes our anthem, even though the people being honoured in the song were men. 

Words they likely want changed:

Manitoba to Persontoba

Person to Perchild or Perkid

I am being ridiculous but who knows?

Archived