The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player by player state of the rebuild, and a bit of ranting.

xereau

Just now, THINKER said:

That's because they have had bad management, just like the Canucks.

And yes, rebuilds can take less than 5 years.  Just look at the Leafs.  They started their rebuild when Shanahan got there and aggressively went into it.  The Canucks did the opposite.

the leafs??? 

2005–06 2005–06 Eastern Northeast 82 41 33 [w] 8 90 257 270 4th Did not qualify
2006–07 2006–07 Eastern Northeast 82 40 31 11 91 258 269 3rd Did not qualify
2007–08 2007–08 Eastern Northeast 82 36 35 11 83 231 260 5th Did not qualify
2008–09 2008–09 Eastern Northeast 82 34 35 13 81 250 293 5th Did not qualify
2009–10 2009–10 Eastern Northeast 82 30 38 14 74 214 267 5th Did not qualify
2010–11 2010–11 Eastern Northeast 82 37 34 11 85 218 251 4th Did not qualify
2011–12 2011–12 Eastern Northeast 82 35 37 10 80 231 264 4th Did not qualify
2012–13[x] 2012–13 Eastern Northeast 48 26 17 5 57 145 133 3rd 7 3 4 0 18 22 Lost Conference Quarterfinals to Boston Bruins, 3–4[77]
2013–14 2013–14 Eastern Atlantic[y] 82 38 36 8 84 231 256 6th Did not qualify
2014–15 2014–15 Eastern Atlantic 82 30 44 8 68 211 262 7th Did not qualify
2015–16 2015–16 Eastern Atlantic 82 29 42 11 69 198 246 8th Did not qualify

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, THINKER said:

Um what?  Stats are facts.  

6 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

i guess maybe you're too young to know what that means.. 

and listing 2 player's goals and assists over a few years are stats, not facts. you can't just say one player is better than another as a FACT based on that alone

way to just ignore the last part of what I wrote.... i guess i shouldnt expect anything more 

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

the leafs??? 

2005–06 2005–06 Eastern Northeast 82 41 33 [w] 8 90 257 270 4th Did not qualify
2006–07 2006–07 Eastern Northeast 82 40 31 11 91 258 269 3rd Did not qualify
2007–08 2007–08 Eastern Northeast 82 36 35 11 83 231 260 5th Did not qualify
2008–09 2008–09 Eastern Northeast 82 34 35 13 81 250 293 5th Did not qualify
2009–10 2009–10 Eastern Northeast 82 30 38 14 74 214 267 5th Did not qualify
2010–11 2010–11 Eastern Northeast 82 37 34 11 85 218 251 4th Did not qualify
2011–12 2011–12 Eastern Northeast 82 35 37 10 80 231 264 4th Did not qualify
2012–13[x] 2012–13 Eastern Northeast 48 26 17 5 57 145 133 3rd 7 3 4 0 18 22 Lost Conference Quarterfinals to Boston Bruins, 3–4[77]
2013–14 2013–14 Eastern Atlantic[y] 82 38 36 8 84 231 256 6th Did not qualify
2014–15 2014–15 Eastern Atlantic 82 30 44 8 68 211 262 7th Did not qualify
2015–16 2015–16 Eastern Atlantic 82 29 42 11 69 198 246 8th Did not qualify

:lol: 

Not sure what you’re laughing about. The Leafs were a team that put off rebuilding for a long time in their pursuit of the playoffs. In the 2000’s they were doing what Benning has done. Not sure this helps your argument.

4 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Oh man...and clearly you can't read very well either. The facts I mentioned were Bonino's durability and contributing to a winning team, including being a major contributor to a Cup run. Those are facts, not stats...see how that works?

right... you pointed out that the sutter trade was potentially not a win and supported it with facts... slow clap.. maybe consider the rest of what the OP wrote.. 

anyways i'm done here n will let you go back to riding @THINKER. have fun

7 minutes ago, THINKER said:

It's not.

Our prospect pool actually isn't very good since Pettersson has graduated.  

And if prospect pool rankings were the be all, end all, Edmonton would be a great team by now (ranked 4th in 2012).  

lol... continuing to just talk about only what supports your narrative. it must suck being so negative in life

2 minutes ago, THINKER said:

Not sure what you’re laughing about. The Leafs were a team that put off rebuilding for a long time in their pursuit of the playoffs. In the 2000’s they were doing what Benning has done. Not sure this helps your argument.

uhh.. you just said the leafs rebuild took less than 5 years... they missed the playoffs for a decade stockpiling picks and won the lottery on top of that... if anything it supports my argument perfectly that the nucks could easily be good next year if they just win the lottery

whatever tho im done talking to you two

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

lol... continuing to just talk about only what supports your narrative. it must suck being so negative in life

uhh.. you just said the leafs rebuild took less than 5 years... they missed the playoffs for a decade stockpiling picks.. whatever im done talking to you two

If all the facts support my narrative then I must be correct.

You are now showing that you don’t understand the difference between a bad team and a rebuilding team.

4 minutes ago, THINKER said:

If all the facts support my narrative then I must be correct.

You are now showing that you don’t understand the difference between a bad team and a rebuilding team.

go on thinking that the leafs rebuild took <5 years..

and yes when you only look at the facts that support your narrative you'll think you're correct, while actually looking like a tunnel-visioned fool

and @xereau - sorry for playing a part in derailing your thread... i hope to come back after I can see some posts from some reasonable fans, and have an actual discussion about your well thought out post. cheers,

4 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

go on thinking that the leafs rebuild took <5 years..

and yes when you only look at the facts that support your narrative you'll think you're correct, while actually looking like a tunnel-visioned fool

and @xereau - sorry for playing a part in derailing your thread... i hope to come back after I can see some posts from some reasonable fans, and have an actual discussion about your well thought out post. cheers,

Tell me: what facts support the notion that Benning has done a good job and that the team is looking good going forward?

6 minutes ago, THINKER said:

Tell me: what facts support the notion that Benning has done a good job and that the team is looking good going forward?

plenty in the OP... you two teamed up and countered I think one or two of them? must be really proud of yourselves.. oh and then there's those stats you listed that are sooooo relevant...

really, I'm done talking to you guys so feel free to ask someone else if you can't be bother to actually read the OP you are replying to. 

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

I would agree they both got what they were "looking" for but I still say Bonino has both stayed healthy and contributed to winning and SC winning teams. Whereas

Sutter has been injured for nearly 100 games as a Canuck and has contributed little or nothing to the worst team in the league since the trade.

I won't argue the injuries, Sutter has had his share the last 2 years. What I will argue is how you seem to credit them for  both of their teams successes and failures. Vancouver still would have sucked with Bones and it's highly likely the pens still win championships with Sutter as their 3c those 2 years. 

Edler is not a top 4 on a true contender, he's a bottom 2, he's a top 4 on a mediocre team/rebuild team. Tanev is a shut down defenceman his job isn't to score offence, yet some people don't understand that or what a role of a defensive D is unfortunately. You like to point out Goldy as RIDICULOUS SOFT, yet more than half this team is ridiculous soft with the puck as well many players on this team are under sized and much weaker then the opposition they play against. Motte as a Core guy possibly you say.... I definitely don't see that.

Just now, spur1 said:

Funny how the trolls come out when the Canucks are on a losing streak. 

I guess they think they are some how more relevant. 

In their simple minds, this losing streak validates their vitriol. Most likely they’re just kids that have never lived through a Canucks rebuild before. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Edler is not a top 4 on a true contender, he's a bottom 2, he's a top 4 on a mediocre team/rebuild team. Tanev is a shut down defenceman his job isn't to score offence, yet some people don't understand that or what a role of a defensive D is unfortunately. You like to point out Goldy as RIDICULOUS SOFT, yet more than half this team is ridiculous soft with the puck as well many players on this team are under sized and much weaker then the opposition they play against. Motte as a Core guy possibly you say.... I definitely don't see that.

I see Motte as a third line checker and penalty killer. A very good one. 

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

right... you pointed out that the sutter trade was potentially not a win and supported it with facts... slow clap.. maybe consider the rest of what the OP wrote.. 

anyways i'm done here n will let you go back to riding @THINKER. have fun

we should all just stop feeding these two mouth breathers.  They are clearly here to troll.  People should just put them on ignore and they will go away

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Edler's injury shows that it's edler who is the shutdown guy, not Tanev.  

22 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Tanev hasn't exactly been shutting anyone down lately either. Has absolutely STUNK since returning from injury.  Put that little bit in about zero offense because I imagine this is why his return value in trade offers has been low, and also mostly because its true.  Tanev's stick is where pucks go to die.  Motte is just scratching the surface of his potential.  Being put out there in important situations every single night.  He doesn't get enough respect.  And yep, half the team, at least, are ridiculously soft.  Thankfully Leipsic is gone.  I like him, but Stecher is made a fool nightly.  But Goldobin is probably the softest.  Anyone just looks at him while he is carrying the puck, and its a turn over.  If he mans up even a little, he is a superstar in the making.  If he can take the puck to the parts in the ice he wants to distribute, or shoot from, the sky is the limit for him.  I am particularly disgusted by how our D treats the puck, especially the during this streak.  Hand grenade time!

Archived