The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player by player state of the rebuild, and a bit of ranting.

xereau

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Good post and opinion for each player.

I don't agree with all of it but that is the way it should be in a discussion forum.

For the most part you didn't call the players derogatory names but described what you perceived as deficiencies.

I am not sold on OJ being top 4, I think he is struggling to just get on the NHL ice, he should not be counted on to be a part of the solution.

Groot will be back, the money and now other Russian speaking players will help.

Hughes looks like a lock BUT my concern is his size, if his offence isn't good enough what then? His big issue he is working on in college is trying to be a better defenceman, defence and playing more physical against bigger players. As good as he was in college doesn't mean the NHL, just saying proceed with some caution and not huge in concrete expectations.

Horvat as the solid second center is okay, it is my hope that the team gets 2 more top 7 picks and maybe even 3 if the 2020/2021 season is a wash. There is the potential to draft 2 superstar centers/wingers, if they pushed Horvat to number 3 it would mean those players are really good.

IMO Linden never stopped being the NHLPA president (1998–2006), he put players ahead of the franchise and IMO left because his contract was coming up and he was against trading vets. His view wasn't bad as far as the player went, there is huge disruption when traded and he experienced that late in his career, but the NHLPA president is about players first. Linden had stated many times he favoured the Winnipeg rebuild model, that is a difficult model as to when did it start? That franchise has been rebuilding for 17 years all together or just since the move in 2011? Either way he acknowledged the Canuck rebuild did not start until 2017, so the Peg's was up to 5/6 years, he was advocating another similar period of time. His morale's would not let him treat players like a piece of meat, that is why Benning got a 2 year contract, he indicated he would and if he did there would be noticeable improvement or skilled youth within 2/3 years and playoffs within 3/4 years.

What made Linden a beloved in the community, his compassion,  was what made him a terrible Team President to be in charge of franchise.

yeah, that's not my quote

Archived