The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Should the Canucks target Durabale Veterans? (and get rid of the injury prone ones?)

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Milan Lucic is durable, but he sucks and has a terrible contract.

Your question is: Can the Canucks trade their often injured players for players that don't get injured lol Who would make that deal with Benning? 

I pretty sure Edm would take one of Sutter, Tanev, Edler, Baertshi or Beagle for Lucic B)

LOL.

I’m having flashbacks to that Office Space movie where the main character accidentally forgot to file the TPS reports and then had 8 other people remind him of this.  :D.

For the record guys, I know how to spell, “Durable.”  Twas a typo on my part.

Based on a few posts I’ve read on here, it does seem like the Canucks actually are signing and acquiring durable players......that for whatever reason, become injury prone when they arrive here (some players of which become chronically injured).  That then begs the question:

What is it?

Is it the water?  Is it our poor possession numbers as a team?  Is it our approach to defense?  Is it our travel schedule?

IF I had to guess, I would place blame on our lack of overall talent, which then leads to poor possession numbers.......which then leads to us being hemmed in our own zone and being banged around?  I’m not so sure.  

The Canucks weren’t this injury prone between 2008-2013 were they?  I don’t seem to recall.

When the Canucks were a poor team during the 80’s and mid-late 90’s, were they this injury prone as well?

What is causing us so many injuries post 2015? Even during 2013-2014, the Canucks got blown up with injuries and then free falled.  What’s going on?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/injury-prone-canucks-lose-mogilny/

Ha!  

So I typed, “Canucks Injury Prone” into the Bing search engine (no Google here in China without a VPN) and an old article from 1998 popped up.

Perhaps a strong correlation does exist between Team Injuries and Overall Talent.  

If that’s the case, I wonder what is the specific cause of this?  (Lack of possession?  Blocking too many shots?).  In the Canucks case however (especially since 2015), most of their injuries seem so random.  My guess is that in the case of Edler and Tanev, it’s from being overplayed, but the others?   Sutter and Gudbranson from being hemmed in his own zone?  Baertschi and Granlund for being too small and not fast enough to want their lack of size?  Who knows.

8 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

LOL.

I’m having flashbacks to that Office Space movie where the main character accidentally forgot to file the TPS reports and then had 8 other people remind him of this.  :D.

Based on a few posts I’ve read on here, it does seem like the Canucks actually are signing and acquiring durable players......that for whatever reason, become injury prone when they arrive here (some players of which become chronically injured).  That then begs the question:

What is it?

Is it the water?  Is it our poor possession numbers as a team?  Is it our approach to defense?  Is it our travel schedule?

IF I had to guess, I would place blame on our lack of overall talent, which then leads to poor possession numbers.......which then leads to us being hemmed in our own zone and being banged around?  I’m not so sure.  

The Canucks weren’t this injury prone between 2008-2013 were they?  I don’t seem to recall.

When the Canucks were a poor team during the 80’s and mid-late 90’s, were they this injury prone as well?

What is causing us so many injuries post 2015? Even during 2013-2014, the Canucks got blown up with injuries and then free falled.  What’s going on?

Interesting bit by Rey Ferraro on Team 1040.

He also believes that a strong correlation exists between Team puck possession and Team injuries.  

Translation:  We can bring in the most durable players in the world but if the team struggles with possession, even these so called durable players will be far more likely to get injured.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Hindustan Smyl said:

LOL.

What is it?

You can simply go to your 1st post & edit the title..if you tire of our corny humour.

Also pls have patience for anyone's 'Scrabble' brain. Maybe it's a consequence of playing that game too much? Some people suffer from a persistent psychosis, of an insistent need to constantly rearrange letters from a word. For some reason, this especially may kick in from a word that's misspelled. We all need hepl..one way or another! :^)

Archived