The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huawei CFO arrested.

Violator

18 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, yeah, you want a war with China like yesterday, we get it. Winning that one is gonna be way harder and costlier than you think and you risk turning China into another Afghanistan and further de-stabilize the region given its over thousand years of history.

Guess your probably from Japan or Taiwan based on your obsession over this.

Im not from those places. I don't hate China. I just want them to join the modern world and engage in basic diplomacy. 

11 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Agreed JM.  I believed they'd be freed, but months down the road, and very discreetly after the media attention died down.  Doing it this way is a total admission that it was motivated by retaliation  -  but maybe that's the intention of the Chinese,  send a message loud and clear?

I think it was a final warming shot, last thing they could use our guys for. As much as I dislike a lot of things out of the US, we certainly know who will stand by us and who we need to be concerned about if we didn't before. Its such a waste too, and ultimately hurts China more than anyone. 

9 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah, this actually seems to be an even more brazen attempt by China.  ie., don't even care how it looks.  But maybe I need a bit more time to think about it?

they don't care. The CPP has been fumbling around and making mistakes all over the world lately. Another reason I'd like to see countries boycott the games, that government doesn't deserve them. 

• Cheers 2

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-kovrig-spavor-health-1.6190609

China claims Kovrig, Spavor freed for health reasons

China's foreign ministry says Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, who were allowed to return to Canada late last week after nearly three years in detention, were released on bail for health reasons.

Yeah... they released someone they were going to execute for "health reasons"...

Eddie Murphy Yeah Ok GIF - Eddie Murphy Yeah Ok Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

China's foreign ministry says Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, who were allowed to return to Canada late last week after nearly three years in detention, were released on bail for health reasons.

Yeah... they released someone they were going to execute for "health reasons"...

That's just low effort. C'mon, if you're going to lie, come up with a better fib. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

They don't even care what anyone thinks....just throw out some BS reason, even though it's completely obvious that they're lying.

Now lets see if they rescind that death penalty on Robert Schellenberg....

• Cheers 1