The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huawei CFO arrested.

Violator

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yup, every single Walmart item to have a  5% price increase.  That will really crush us here in Canada.   

Bottom line is, what a stupid position to be caught in. This should be between the US and China. Leave us out of it.

This is an abuse of the courtesy of an extradition treaty. Extradition usually reserved for those charged, evading crimes. In this case, no one knew the charges until she appeared in court. That's not solid enough for Canada to get caught up in this. Complete BS by the US. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup, every single Walmart item to have a  5% price increase.  That will really crush us here in Canada.   

Actually it will. Canadians are happier to save money by having things built and made in countries that supply these stores by using slave labour. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Free trade talk between China and Canada will suffer first.

Considering how much is imported from China, it will be interesting to see what happens.

https://www.asiapacific.ca/statistics/trade/bilateral-trade-asia-product/canadas-merchandise-trade-china

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Free trade talk between China and Canada will suffer first.

Considering how much is imported from China, it will be interesting to see what happens.

https://www.asiapacific.ca/statistics/trade/bilateral-trade-asia-product/canadas-merchandise-trade-china

The US, Canada and western Europe could make China a starving broke nation but instead we want stuff dirt cheap.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually it will. Canadians are happier to save money by having things built and made in countries that supply these stores by using slave labour. 

Yah crappy built products with slave labour and zero environmental protections......   China has us over a barrel.  LOL.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

80WH43j.gif?noredirect

7 hours ago, Toews said:

There is a thread that is going to hit a million views on the US. We have discussed just about every human rights abuse committed by the current US government. If anything the US has been closely scrutinized and we have largely ignored China on CDC. 

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not saying he is the same but pretty well every US President is responsible for human rights violations over the last 70 years but you only pointed to Trump. 

4 hours ago, Toews said:

When did I do that? @smokes said we weren't discussing the US's human rights violations and I specifically pointed out that we were doing just that.

I know you lie a lot but here is the proof...again.

You typed it. Toews being toews trying to argue your own nonsense.

Again you only mentioned Trump.

Edited by Ryan Strome

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I know you lie a lot but here is the proof...again.

You typed it. Toews being toews trying to argue your own nonsense.

Either the education in Alberta sucked or you were goofing off when you were supposed to pay attention in school. Either way the results aren't pretty. Good day to you.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Either the education in Alberta sucked or you were goofing off when you were supposed to pay attention in school. Either way the results aren't pretty. Good day to you.

Your education is pretty poor considering I told you a few times I grew up in Penticton and finished school there. Were you goofing off?

Edited by Ryan Strome

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Your education is pretty poor considering I told you a few times I grew up in Penticton and finished school there. Were you goofing off?

I can't quite remember. You are just too small and insignificant for me to care about.

Now go away and pester somebody else if your wife isn't paying you any attention. 

7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You need to learn Chinese history, I'm sure your government censors that but just google mao and see how many people died under him.

I don't think it's any surprise why millions upon millions of Chinese people have left that dictatorship for Countries like Canada, US, Australia, etc.

I have read my Chinese history, but just because the Chinese has that history doesn't give Canadians the right to criticize. How can you throw rocks when you live in a glass house. To this day, Canada is still sticking it to the Native Indians. I don't see anyone talking about that. All countries have a history that they are not proud of but that doesn't mean it is still like that. Also if you google Mao, then you would notice that he has long died and that his position has been studied in China about the things he did wrong and the things he did right so further generations don't make that same mistake. China has made a lot of progress but the problem is that people don't see it because most people are being conditioned to hate them.

Also yes there are millions and millions of Chinese leaving China to go to other countries, but that has more to do with the fact that there are so many people in this country. Also you should google the amount of Chinese people who return to China after arriving in non Chinese welcoming countries like Canada and the US. Most of the time, they get to these countries for a couple of years, the novelty wears off and they are rushing to return. Thus the amount of empty Chinese owned properties in Canada.

Edited by smokes

4 minutes ago, smokes said:

I have read my Chinese history, but just because the Chinese has that history doesn't give Canadians the right to criticize. How can you throw rocks when you live in a glass house. Also if you google Mao, then you would notice that he has long died and that his position has been studied in China about the things he did wrong and the things he did right so further generations don't make that same mistake.

Also yes there are millions and millions of Chinese leaving China to go to other countries, but that has more to do with the fact that there are so many people in this country. Also you should google the amount of Chinese people who return to China after arriving in non Chinese welcoming countries like Canada and the US. Most of the time, they get to these countries for a couple of years, the novelty wears off and they are rushing to return. Thus the amount of empty Chinese owned properties in Canada.

Lol nice try. That is dirty chinese money getting cleaned. Face it the world isn't wrong when they criticize China. 

And if Chinese people don't find Canada welcoming and want to leave then so be it. But of course you and I both know thats false and most love Canada and love they're no longer in China.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2