The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Athletties prediction top 50 players season 21/22

ForzaTikare

_20181207_114835.thumb.JPG.3325bd1b87b296041d5774ba0829d3bb.JPGThe Athletties posted a projected top 50 players for the season on 2021-22

1. Connor McDavid

2. Nathan MacKinnon

3. Auston Matthews

4. David Pastrnak

5. Nikita Kucherov

6. Mikko Rantanen

7. Patrik Laine

8. Rasmus Dahlin

9. Aleksander Barkov

10. Seth Jones

11. Mitch Marner

12. Mark Scheifele

13. Taylor Hall

14. Jack Eichel

15. Victor Hedman

16. Matthew Tkachuk

17. Brayden Point 

18. Sebastian Aho 

19. John Klinhberg

20. Sidney Crosby

21. Johnny Gaudreau 

22. Mathew Barzal

23. Elias Pettersson

24. Thomas Chabot

25. Erik Karlsson

26. Filip Forsberg

27. Nico Hischier

28. Leon Draisaitl

29. Arteri Panarin

30. Morgan Reilly

31. John Tavares

32. Tyler Seguin

33. Dougie Hamilton

34. Charlie McAvoy

35. Mark Stone

36. Roman Josi

37. Alex Debrincat

38. Patrice Bergeron

39. The Rat

40. Zach Werenski

41. John Carlson

42. Andrei Svechnikov

43. P.K Subban

44. Hampus Lindholm

45. Brady Tkachuk

46. Timo Meier

47. Drew Doughty

48. Jean Monahan

49. Jesperi Kotkaniemi

50. Pierre-Luc Dubois

Screenshot_20181207-112833.png

_20181207_112908.JPG

Honorable mentions:

_20181207_114558.JPG

Top 10 goalies:

John Gibson,

Andrei Vasilevskiy,

Frederik Andersen,

Sergei Bobrovsky,

Connor Hellebuyck,

Antti Raanta,

Juuse Saros,

Pekka Rinne,

Linus Ullmark,

Philipp Grubauer.

14 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Discredits Elias' defensive awareness. Shows you how well thought-out and researched this article is. He'll be top 10. 

Indeed, top 14 in points and top 6 in goals, a centreman and with his 200ft awarenwss still on spot 23, 15(!) spots behind Dahlin

8 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Discredits Elias' defensive awareness. Shows you how well thought-out and researched this article is. He'll be top 10. 

He's not a 2-way forward and likely never will be.  He doesn't yet have the strength or size to be a consistent forechecker and if he even so much as tries to block unimportant shots in his first 3 years while he's growing and developing, I hope a teammate slaps him upside the head and tells him to stay on his feet.  90 percent of the time, his defence should consist of taking the puck off of other player's sticks which he can already do with good effect.

5 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Indeed, top 14 in points and top 6 in goals, a centreman and with his 200ft awarenwss still on spot 23, 15(!) spots behind Dahlin

EP40 is ranked so high because of his excellent offensive prowess.  Nobody expects defensive excellence from him in his first 3 years.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He's not a 2-way forward and likely never will be.  He doesn't yet have the strength or size to be a consistent forechecker and if he even so much as tries to block unimportant shots in his first 3 years while he's growing and developing, I hope a teammate slaps him upside the head and tells him to stay on his feet.  90 percent of the time, his defence should consist of taking the puck off of other player's sticks which he can already do with good effect.

Perhaps you'd be more generous/magnanimous if your boys still had a winning streak, as opposed to dropping 4 straight?

Petterson's Plenty-good in almost any defensive comparison.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Perhaps you'd be more generous/magnanimous if your boys still had a winning streak, as opposed to dropping 4 straight?

Petterson's Plenty-good in almost any defensive comparison.

If it makes you feel any better, they have the Sabres' Linus Ullmark as a Top 10 goalie in 3 years.  I think they're wrong about that.  I'd trade him for Demko in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

If it makes you feel any better, they have the Sabres' Linus Ullmark as a Top 10 goalie in 3 years.  I think they're wrong about that.  I'd trade him for Demko in a heartbeat.

The few times I've seen Ullmark, I've been rather impressed.

In general, these constant comparisons between similar prospects becomes somewhat tiresome. At the end of the day, we should all wish these highly-touted kids get the chance to play yrs near their ceiling. So much of this is luck/fortune(health, injuries, chemistry, etc...)

At least our(exp cousin) franchises have lots of young talent our fanbases can both enjoy watching, as they progress in the bigs.

Teams like TBay are getting an unfair advantage(tax area). Because it all comes down to who can accumulate the deepest collection of talent, under the league's determined cap number. They'll likely end up with Point, Stammer & Kuch near the cost EDM spends on only TWO stars.

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Teams like TBay are getting an unfair advantage(tax area). Because it all comes down to who can accumulate the deepest collection of talent, under the league's determined cap number. They'll likely end up with Point, Stammer & Kuch near the cost EDM spends on only TWO stars.

I think a "leaguetax" that evens up the salaries would be fair, if there is an salary cap, there Should be a way to make sure the salay cap is fair for the whole league.. Make the teams that has below average taxes pay up to The average to The teams with above average taxes, would make so much sense 

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

The few times I've seen Ullmark, I've been rather impressed.

In general, these constant comparisons between similar prospects becomes somewhat tiresome. At the end of the day, we should all wish these highly-touted kids get the chance to play yrs near their ceiling. So much of this is luck/fortune(health, injuries, chemistry, etc...)

At least our(exp cousin) franchises have lots of young talent our fanbases can both enjoy watching, as they progress in the bigs.

Ullmark is a good backup goalie, but I watched him in the AHL playoffs when he was down there and was not impressed.  The pressure seemed to get him.  I am a Demko fanboy because of his athleticism and fundamentals.  Ullmark has the latter down, but lacks the former.  As a starter in the future, he will need athleticism to make up for the times that he is tired in net.  That's why I don't see him ending up as a top 10 starting goalie in 3 years whereas I would be a little surprised if Demko isn't. 

I've seen a few people off and on less than enthused this year with Demko even though he has only played 5 games.

Yes it will be interesting to see where Elias will be in 3 years... Its very likely he'll be 23 or even less, but... he has improved explosively each year, so he may also be better.

At season 21-22 he will still only be 22, or a year younger than Bo is now.

The sky's the limit....

31 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes it will be interesting to see where Elias will be in 3 years... Its very likely he'll be 23 or even less, but... he has improved explosively each year, so he may also be better.

At season 21-22 he will still only be 22, or a year younger than Bo is now.

The sky's the limit....

Indeed, but some of the players ahead of him like Dahlin top 8 in league at 21 as a Defenseman? 

I think the bigger story is how Boeser has fallen off the radar.  If this story had been done at the same time last year, Brock probably would have been ranked where Petey is today, amidst howls of indignation at the CDC.  The fact that he was only an honourable mention, without a peep of protest here, indicates how much he his stock has fallen for the rest of the league.  

59 minutes ago, Dungass said:

I think the bigger story is how Boeser has fallen off the radar.  If this story had been done at the same time last year, Brock probably would have been ranked where Petey is today, amidst howls of indignation at the CDC.  The fact that he was only an honourable mention, without a peep of protest here, indicates how much he his stock has fallen for the rest of the league.  

Boeser is gonna re-surprise a lot of people. Putting up points while still having played injured, and is clearly not playing in mid-season form. He will be deadly again soon.

35 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Reason 697590245 whyI don't pay for the athletic.

The Athletic is a decent publication.  Does this particular author suck?  Maybe.  All of the articles that I remember of his are mostly stat and numbers based articles and even though analytics has it's place, I don't put a lot of stock into using it as a primary indicator of a player. 

I disagree with a handful of his choices in this particular article now that he's written a random one about prognosticating the future.  Fricken' Kotkaniemi being on the list while Brock isn't is just one of the dumb predictions, but I'm not ready to generalize and consider the whole publication trash and cancel my subscription just because my favourite players aren't on a list that will be much different if it's done again next year. 

Archived