The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Lomberg suspended 1 game + 1 game, Flames coach Bill Peters fined $10,000

9 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

How about Dumba's head shot?

Replays I saw show a clean hit by NHL standards.  Shoulder makes contact lower than the head and he launches himself up through the hit but does not launch himself before the hit.  Hope Backlund is alright.  Even in today's NHL, it pays to keep your head. 

Great hit by Dumba!  That kid is a player.  

The goon jumping off the Calgary bench and then attacking Dumba should be suspended at least 20 games.  The league cannot tolerate players coming off the bench and attacking guys who are stars.  What's stopping some goon from hopping off the bench (in a legal way) and attacking Calgary's gnome?  This could become like the 70's Flyers if allowed to continue.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Great hit by Dumba!  That kid is a player.  

The goon jumping off the Calgary bench and then attacking Dumba should be suspended at least 20 games.  The league cannot tolerate players coming off the bench and attacking guys who are stars.  What's stopping some goon from hopping off the bench (in a legal way) and attacking Calgary's gnome?  This could become like the 70's Flyers if allowed to continue.  

Peters sent him out.  

Green did the same with Dorsett after Manson hit Horvat.  Canucks were on the PP and he sent Dorsett out on a line change.  Dorsett got an instigator penalty because he went straight after him - it was his 2nd of the season.  Canucks tried to rescind it because the next next would mean an automatic 2 game suspension.

32 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

if you watch the replay in slow mo, his feet leave after the hit from the impact.

I chose my words poorly. I shouldn't have said 'entirely'. I have no dispute about the feet.

I take issue with it being a headshot and taking liberties.

14 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I chose my words poorly. I shouldn't have said 'entirely'. I have no dispute about the feet.

I take issue with it being a headshot and taking liberties.

The head is only contacted because of how bent over Backlund is.  The NHL takes that into account. The head was not targeted nor was it the initial or principal point of contact.  The only liberties I saw were taken by Calgary by sending out a thug to mug Dumba.

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

The head is only contacted because of how bent over Backlund is.  The NHL takes that into account. The head was not targeted nor was it the initial or principal point of contact.  The only liberties I saw were taken by Calgary by sending out a thug to mug Dumba.

All this time I thought it was Gaudreau and I was at the game!  lol

I disagree entirely about the head contact. If the NHL wants to be truthful about protecting the head this kind of hit needs to disappear.

I feel like the NHL is getting softer by the DAY. 

Routine open ice hit on a player with their head down. 10 years ago no one bats an eye. 

Lomberg is sticking up for his team mate yes, but do it the right way. It would have been understandable if it was a dirty hit, but don't jump a guy after a perfectly clean hit. 

10 minutes ago, Stelar said:

What I loved about this was pussy Taechuck saw the whole thing, skated alongside Dumba after jawing and then skated off the ice the have someone else take care of it.  Pussy. 

yes and fLame fans will say he's doing his job as a pest. But when Burrows or Kesler did it they were spot pickers. It was great to see Kassian expose that rat last time they played.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Ryan Lomberg suspended 1 game + 1 game, Flames coach Bill Peters fined $10,000

Archived