The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mark Giordano suspended 2 games

6 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Giordano is trash, just like the rest of the lames.

That’s clearly intent to injur.  Giordano should be gone for at least ten.  I’m really hoping the other teams star targeting garden gnome for retribution.  

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s clearly intent to injur.  Giordano should be gone for at least ten.  I’m really hoping the other teams star targeting garden gnome for retribution.  

I cant get on board with that one Alf. It wasn't Gaudreau acting like a bell end! If Pettersen copped it after the silly hit by MDZ a few games ago there would be un uproar on the board. I have no issue if someone wanted to take it out on Giordano, he most definetly deserves straightening out after that display

28 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I cant get on board with that one Alf. It wasn't Gaudreau acting like a bell end! If Pettersen copped it after the silly hit by MDZ a few games ago there would be un uproar on the board. I have no issue if someone wanted to take it out on Giordano, he most definetly deserves straightening out after that display

If the league is clearly not going to take care these dirty plays, then the players will.  No point targeting Giordano.  Go after Goudreau or Monahan.  That’s how the players will get retribution.  

Koivu has returned back to Minnesota to be evaluated.  

It's a tough loss for the Wild because they have no C that can really take on those tough defensive minutes.  Granlund has moved to C in his absence.  The Wild had two rotten weeks as Boudreau put it with how poorly they have been playing.  This road trip was for them to get back on track and they get blanked in Calgary and now this.  They are not looking good in Edmonton either - 3 goals against in not even 9 minutes.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If the league is clearly not going to take care these dirty plays, then the players will.  No point targeting Giordano.  Go after Goudreau or Monahan.  That’s how the players will get retribution.  

Gio is a star player. Their #1 dman who has 29 points in 29 games.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Two games is a good length. DOPS got it right on this one IMO. No suspension history in his entire lengthy career means a long leash for the first one.

Hes done this a few times before once a couple years ago 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/west-coast-bias-ducks-livid-somewhat-intentional-giordano-knee/sn-amp/

3 hours ago, coryberg said:

Gio is a star player. Their #1 dman who has 29 points in 29 games.

One of the common misconceptions. He's been a star #1 dman for years, but no one seems to notice somehow.

Archived