The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (09-15) 2018

NJD tied the game at 5-5 with less than a minute to go but lost in the shootout.  They aren't helping him though - 3 own goals this game.  The Devils have not won a game in the regular season with Schneider in net since December 27 - that's close to a year ago but not even 20 games ago.  He has missed so much time to injury and Kinkaid has been more steady.  

14 minutes ago, mll said:

The Flames place Backlund on IR with a concussion.  He took a hit to the head by Dumba with less than a minute to go.  

I'm a little surprised Backlund put himself in a dangerous spot like that, I don't think there's a suspension coming on that one. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm a little surprised Backlund put himself in a dangerous spot like that, I don't think there's a suspension coming on that one. 

There was no suspension - only to Lomberg and Peters for sending him out to go after Dumba.

Raanta could miss the rest of the season.  He had a procedure that revealed more damage than expected.

"As we get further down the rehab process, we'll know more, but for now he's out indefinitely, and there's a good chance he misses the entire season," Chayka said. 

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Robert Bortuzzo and Zach Sanford dropped the gloves in practice today.

Bortuzzo landed a few good shots before Steve Ott and Mike Van Ryn broke it up.

The aftermath of their first Petterson sighting...

After denial comes anger.

Soon they will learn to accept it.

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I was convinced after free agency that Armstrong had made some shrewd moves to strengthen the Blues roster. How they've fallen apart is ugly.

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Classy!  It's always best to punch your teammates in the face, before they get a chance to get their gloves off.   Fights will happen, but the guys should square up, lock up, and let them fly.  Burtuzzo is crap.  His teammates will not respect that from him.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Classy!  It's always best to punch your teammates in the face, before they get a chance to get their gloves off.   Fights will happen, but the guys should square up, lock up, and let them fly.  Burtuzzo is crap.  His teammates will not respect that from him.

Ott should have dropped both of them.

They wanna work on their fighting skills in practice, he could have taught them both a thing or two. 

Archived