The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (09-15) 2018

6 hours ago, HI5 said:

3 fights in first period of Flames game...I like it!

In retaliation for last game where Dumba hit Backlund - it was considered a clean hit but he got concussed and Lomberg had already gone after Dumba.  Giordano was suspended for the knee on Koivu.  Neither team were going to let that go.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

In retaliation for last game where Dumba hit Backlund - it was considered a clean hit but he got concussed and Lomberg had already gone after Dumba.  Giordano was suspended for the knee on Koivu.  Neither team were going to let that go.

Why can't our team play like this...

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

It’s a fight on the stat sheet , but all 3 fights were 10 seconds in length with not much to show . I think Sam Bennet landed the only punch between 6 guys.

I know, but at least it shows that they care..

Hate the Leafs, but Marner is great.  How could any real hockey mind think Nylander is anywhere close to Marner as a player?  Marner will be getting 10 plus/ season.  Man oh man he’s friggin’ good.  Is he the Leaf’s best player?  Might be better than JT and AM.  

6 hours ago, mll said:

damn, I was givin props to Tkachuk for just droppin the gloves earlier; but the comments..kid may truly be a leader like his pops. We should have drafted this kid.

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

With the Leafs losers of 4 in 5 games, is Ontario going to have an inquiry into this? I notice not too many articles on their National Sports Network about them. After a win the entire TSN site is inundated with all things Leafs.

The Leafs have the assets to improve their team but it seems to me that Dubas is suffering from Gillisitis.  A condition where every trade must be not only a win but a grand slam.  Sometimes a sac fly is all the team needs, but if you are always swinging for the fences you could end up with nothing.

Archived