The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kronwall demolishes Lee, gets slewfooted by Bailey

ForzaTikare

So close to clean by Kronwall. He definitely hits the head first, but it does really feel like it's kind of Lee's fault. He might get a game or something, but Kronwall is known as one of the big hitters who can usually hit clean, so I could see him getting away with this one or at least with just a fine or something.

The slewfoot could end up with supplemental discipline too. Huge props to Larkin for standing up for Kronwall after the garbage slewfoot move.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

So close to clean by Kronwall. 

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. He made clear contact with the head, on a player who was both unsuspecting and in a vulnerable position considering he was trying to corral the puck from his skates. He should get several games.

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. He made clear contact with the head, on a player who was both unsuspecting and in a vulnerable position considering he was trying to corral the puck from his skates. He should get several games.

I agree that he should get something for sure. It's just tough because I love seeing big and clean hits and this one was close to being a beauty, but unfortunately the head contact is pretty obvious.

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

So close to clean by Kronwall. He definitely hits the head first, but it does really feel like it's kind of Lee's fault. He might get a game or something, but Kronwall is known as one of the big hitters who can usually hit clean, so I could see him getting away with this one or at least with just a fine or something.

The slewfoot could end up with supplemental discipline too. Huge props to Larkin for standing up for Kronwall after the garbage slewfoot move.

I have less of a problem with a hit gone wrong than with Hyman's predatory blind siding on McAvoy.  However, we all know that Kronwall is predatory as well.  But look, it's just like a high stick, if you hit a guy in the head like that, it's a no go.  They have to get this $&!# out of the game.  We all know what should happen and if it does, then nobody will feel as though a stupid retaliation is necessary. 

In theory anyways.  The human factor is always present and people want to see justice done and soon.  Maybe they need to just eject players from the game and sort out the suspension later.

Looks like a clean hit to me. Only head contact appears to be helmet on helmet after the initial contact.

Not sure why posters think the Isles should have tried to fight Kronwall for that. It was perfectly clean. I'm tired of guys fighting over clean hits.

That BS slewfoot deserved a good tilt though, good work by Larkin there. Dude can chuck em

19 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Why is Larkin trying to fight?

Cause he’s a leader. Don’t let people cheapshot your troops. Larkin is a beast. We could use some players like him. Matheson powerbombed and injured our star youngster and nothing was done about it. Larkin stepping in and putting his body on the line in defense of his teammate. Gotta love it.

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

Looks like a clean hit to me. Only head contact appears to be helmet on helmet after the initial contact.

Not sure why posters think the Isles should have tried to fight Kronwall for that. It was perfectly clean. I'm tired of guys fighting over clean hits.

That BS slewfoot deserved a good tilt though, good work by Larkin there. Dude can chuck em

If a guy is going to hit the star player on my team, I don't give a $&!# if it's clean or dirty. I want that guy to learn he can't do that. 

Two points from D.o.P.s. 

- Lee as a puck carrier is eligible to be hit. 

- Lee has to have situational awareness .

not a suspendable hit.

Lee even made fun of himself in an interview for skating up ice looking at the puck in his feet, went on to say he basically deserved it for doing a bone head thing, but at least seen It coming last second. 

3 hours ago, coryberg said:

Can I get the winning lotto numbers oh great prophet?

Screenshot_20181210-142415_Chrome.jpg

Funny, Larkin didn't wait until a game later to do something about a cheapshot. What, did the Canucks need to find some courage? Ask permission? Feel free to defend the team's lack of push back though. It's all fine and dandy.

Hit on Lee was not "clean" by current standards, he smashed his face in and didn't even try to avoid it because of Kronwalls absolutely stupid style of hitting.  If he hit normally with his elbow tucked in he could easily say he made contact with his chest prior to the head, but that was all head with no attempt to avoid the head.

He's done that crap and left his feet before too, Kronwall deserves a suspension for a few of his iffy hits previously is more so why I'd say he deserves a suspension.

But with all the current crap, it's a bad hit but inconsistent DOPS is useless.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Crabcakes said:

I have less of a problem with a hit gone wrong than with Hyman's predatory blind siding on McAvoy.  However, we all know that Kronwall is predatory as well.  But look, it's just like a high stick, if you hit a guy in the head like that, it's a no go.  They have to get this $&!# out of the game.  We all know what should happen and if it does, then nobody will feel as though a stupid retaliation is necessary. 

In theory anyways.  The human factor is always present and people want to see justice done and soon.  Maybe they need to just eject players from the game and sort out the suspension later.

McAvoy deserved that hit and hopefully an injury, zero sympathy after his absolute predatory cheapshot on Gadreau.

15 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Nah, he had his bell rung, while not in control of the puck, completely unsuspecting. Noodle got scrambled.

uKCEApW.gif

Considering Johnny's size, how does a bigger guy hit him without contacting the head?  It would be almost impossible.  Shows how shifty Gaudreau is to not get killed out there.  

Archived