The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] TANEV to toronto

9 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Alot of people here shouting "yeah he's worth lotsa a stuff!" But really...?

Why are no teams lining up for this man...? Quit fooling yourself.

The foolish thing is suggesting any of us actually know what discussions Benning has had regarding Tanev with rival GMs.

6 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

No one WANTS Tanev... the guy is lucky to be still playing with all his injuries... I am surprised he has lasted this long since being healthy.

Yea MELVIN!! You tell them.....

(don't let them know Tanev is one of the top defensive D men in the league though Melvin...don't do it!!)

3 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Alot of people here shouting "yeah he's worth lotsa a stuff!" But really...?

Why are no teams lining up for this man...? Quit fooling yourself.

Exactly Melvin.  Show all the posters your proof....that will shut them up!  You know...the proof you have....from all the GMs you know.  SHOW THEM!!!!!

:ph34r:

:frantic:

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Draft picks are good but they don't really have any prospects I'd be willing to accept as a main return for Tanev.

As rare as they are, I think the only way I'd be interested in a deal with Toronto for Tanev is in a 3-way trade. I'd want a better prospect than Kapanen or a higher than 25ish draft choice in return for Tanev.

54 minutes ago, billabong said:

to tor: tanev, (maybe add granlund?)

to van: kapanen   TO WOULD NEED TO ADD AT LEAST A 2ND

to tor: tanev

to van: 1st pick 2019  TO WOULD HAVE TO ADD AT LEAST A 2ND

to van: 2nd pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020  NO CHANCE WE TRADE TANEV FOR 2 2NDS - KEEP HIM TO PLAY WITH HUGHES

I made some comments in bold. No way I accept any of your proposals from TO. 

2 hours ago, billabong said:

to tor: tanev, (maybe add granlund?)

to van: kapanen

to van: 1st pick 2019

to van: 2nd pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020

I feel like you are undervaluing how good of a player Tanev really is... If it only took a low first round pick to add Tanev to my roster, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Regardless of how injury prone Tanev is, I never feel uncomfortable with him on the ice. Not only that, his offensive game has actually improved noticeably this season. He's trying to involve himself more in the o-zone while still being the defensive rock that he is known for being. Tanev is an impressive player and we are lucky to have him. 

3 hours ago, J-P said:

Liljegren and a 1st or Maybe a 2nd for Tanev would be nice, but doubt TOR would do that. 

The hype machine around Liljegren is a lot more quiet this year. He is not good at D and that is why he slipped in the draft. His offence isnt good enough to make up for it. 

If the Canucks are out of contention at the trade deadline then you get a bidding war going between Tampa and Toronto for either Edler or Tanev or both.  If it's Tanev I'd want a first round pick from either team to start and a top prospect.  We could ask for Kapanen from Toronto and Foote from Tampa.  See who bites first.  They both want to win the Cup so one of the two may bite on a first AND a top prospect...

Archived