The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] TANEV to toronto

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Meh. I like Reaves but Tanev's worth more and he doesn't really qualify as top 6 (and he's 31 bruh).

Just spitballing... I actually wonder if something would work with WPG and Myers. Being contenders, they can't really afford to move him for picks/prospects as they'd get crucified for sacrificing a cup run. Ideally, you don't want to lose him for nothing in the summer either (though they may given the above or at least only be able to move his far less valuable expiring rights at the draft). Trade for Tanev and you get another 2 years of playoff runs. We retain 50% to help them out with cap and maybe bring back a mid pick as well on top of Myers...

Myers is UFA this year??

.. I don’t know about retaining 50% if that’s true.

I like Myers, but I would rather let his or Edlers salary go for a fair pick or prospect and key in on EKarlsson65.

We have NEVER had a legit #1 D.

Just band aid solutions that never get you the sip from the Cup.

ps. Reaves leaves Pettersen untouchable.. no matter what line he plays on.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Myers is UFA this year??

.. I don’t know about retaining 50% if that’s true.

I like Myers, but I would rather let his or Edlers salary go for a fair pick or prospect and key in on EKarlsson65.

We have NEVER had a legit #1 D.

Just band aid solutions that never get you the sip from the Cup.

Nothing saying we'd have to keep Myers. We could also flip him to a contender in a 3 way deal. Or move another D and still target Karlsson etc

And yes, I'd prefer to target Karlsson as well but there's no guarantee he makes it to July 1 or if he does, that he'd want to sign here either. You gain/improve assets if you can IMO. And if you manage to land extra assets it just gives you more options.

If a 50% Tanev gets you an expiring but bigger (and one year younger) Myers and a pick or something (come to think of it that might actually net you their late 1st... maybe we add a later pick/depth prospect etc to balance), you do it, and worry about trying to add Karlsson later.

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nothing saying we'd have to keep Myers. We could also flip him to a contender in a 3 way deal. Or move another D and still target Karlsson etc

And yes, I'd prefer to target Karlsson as well but there's no guarantee he makes it to July 1 or if he does, that he'd want to sign here either. You gain/improve assets if you can IMO. And if you manage to land extra assets it just gives you more options.

If a 50% Tanev gets you an expiring but bigger (and one year younger) Myers and a pick or something (come to think of it that might actually net you their late 1st... maybe we add a later pick/depth prospect etc to balance), you do it, and worry about trying to add Karlsson later.

If they want you to retain 50% on a 4 million dollar per season contract they likely aren't gonna throw you a first round pick. But I dunno. 

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If they want you to retain 50% on a 4 million dollar per season contract they likely aren't gonna throw you a first round pick. But I dunno. 

Retaining 50% is precisely why you'd get more in return... :blink:

As I said, we may need to add a later pick/prospect etc to even up the value or (or settle for a 2nd etc).

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/analysis/2019/01/10/is-it-time-for-the-maple-leafs-to-trade-jake-gardiner.html

translation:  Gardiner is over-rated, will be overpaid in free agency, Leafs have backed themselves into a cap corner = deal Gardiner for someone they can win with in the playoffs and avoid another first round loss while free agents wind up walking....(ie Van Reimsdyk, Bozak, Komarov...).

Leafs also lining up to finish 2nd in the division - with a road through Boston to get to the 2nd round, which would then be a matchup with Tampa....

Generally not a fan of Leafs media, but despite a few fantasy proposals in the article, the author has some decent advice for Dubas = Dubas needs to get on his horse and finally do something about that blueline before the deadline.

(inb4 the Tanev/Gardiner proposals lol - please don't - that is certainly not where this post is intended to lead :P)

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/analysis/2019/01/10/is-it-time-for-the-maple-leafs-to-trade-jake-gardiner.html

translation:  Gardiner is over-rated, will be overpaid in free agency, Leafs have backed themselves into a cap corner = deal Gardiner for someone they can win with in the playoffs and avoid another first round loss while free agents wind up walking....(ie Van Reimsdyk, Bozak, Komarov...).

Leafs also lining up to finish 2nd in the division - with a road through Boston to get to the 2nd round, which would then be a matchup with Tampa....

Generally not a fan of Leafs media, but despite a few fantasy proposals in the article, the author has some decent advice for Dubas = Dubas needs to get on his horse and finally do something about that blueline before the deadline.

(inb4 the Tanev/Gardiner proposals lol - please don't - that is certainly not where this post is intended to lead :P)

Basically what they should have proactively done with Nylander. We'll see if Dubas has learned anything...

It's important to identify who your core guys are that you think you can win with.

Archived