The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blues teammates fighting during practice this morning

Crimson-JH

After last night's loss against the Canucks. The teams sure are showing their angry passion during practice... 

https://fox2now.com/2018/12/10/video-blues-teammates-fight-during-practice

ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Robert Bortuzzo and Zach Sanford scrap during Blues hockey practice today at the iceZone located in the St. Louis Outlet Mall in Hazelwood, Missouri.

The Blues have lost 10 of its past 14 games, their 24 points are tied for second-worst in the NHL and their .893 team save percentage ranks 25th out of 31 teams. Coach Mike Yeo was fired last month and replaced by Craig Berube on an interim basis.

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not surprised with Berube as the coach, maybe hire Kelly Chase and Tony Twist as assistants.  Man I used to be able to list at least 3 goons on every team in the early 90's lol. 

90s?

:P

The 70s were the times of all out goonery on a complete roster wide scale.  The Paul Newman Slap Shot film just exaggerated thing a little...(ok a lot lol’

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

90s?

:P

The 70s were the times of all out goonery on a complete roster wide scale.  The Paul Newman Slap Shot film just exaggerated thing a little...(ok a lot lol’

Ah, too bad I was -9 years old in the 70's.  I just meant I used to get hockey atlases for x-mas and I would remember who had 300-400+ PIMs on each team.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Poor ROR.  Happily left the Sabres thinking he was going to a better team.  Gets there and they fall apart, meanwhile the Sabres are now a top 10 team. B)

Really?  I think it's looking like he's a cancer tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ah, too bad I was -9 years old in the 70's.  I just meant I used to get hockey atlases for x-mas and I would remember who had 300-400+ PIMs on each team.

Things started to calm down a bit in the eighties but you still had events like this (no that ain’t Mike Gillis but Jeri Gillis involved in the scrum)...

55 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Steve Ott is a coach now???

Edit: Cheap move by Bortuzzo, imo. It was obvious that Sanford wasn't looking to fight and had his gloves on the entire time Bortuzzo was throwing punches. I would fine him if I was the coach and move on.

Can coaches levy fines?

Archived