Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

31 Thoughts Andrew Ference


gerry35

Recommended Posts

Basically confirming what everyone suspected about the culture in the Edmonton organization.  They didn't value the things he was trying to bring to the team from a winning organization like Boston. Nothing more to say I suppose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Basically confirming what everyone suspected about the culture in the Edmonton organization.  They didn't value the things he was trying to bring to the team from a winning organization like Boston. Nothing more to say I suppose. 

That's why Benning and company are so high on character. There is no way a team can win when their so called leaders are out partying to 3:00-5:00 am after games and on road trips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Basically confirming what everyone suspected about the culture in the Edmonton organization.  They didn't value the things he was trying to bring to the team from a winning organization like Boston. Nothing more to say I suppose. 

Well he sure as hell brought in the "classless piece of trash" component that Boston specializes in.  No respectable organization allows a dirtbag like Ferrence to be in any leadership position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Well he sure as hell brought in the "classless piece of trash" component that Boston specializes in.  No respectable organization allows a dirtbag like Ferrence to be in any leadership position.

I wouldn’t necessarily call him a dirtbag though I would think he couldn’t wash the stink of the Bruins odor off his body. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just downloaded this after dinner for work tomorrow. I am excited to give it a listen. Great podcast recommend you all check it out! Some really good interviews with guests they even had Gary Betman on. Turned out to be a conversation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I just downloaded this after dinner for work tomorrow. I am excited to give it a listen. Great podcast recommend you all check it out! Some really good interviews with guests they even had Gary Betman on. Turned out to be a conversation.

Friedman and Bob MacKenzie are the 2 guys I really trust to bring something insightful.  Anyone else is just noise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

they were talking about the Canucks/Ruins series and at 14:46 of the interview he mentions how they were able to get away with a lot of physical play without getting called and how it helped them swing the momentum... that part got me angry and brought back a lot of angry memories! it validates what i've felt during that series. we got screwed.  The ruins got the favourable calls/non calls when the league knew it would be a short series if we got on the PP. 

 

the rat punching Daniel right in front of the refs and no penalty, then there's the media coverage on the US and Canada side (SHAME) wanting us to lose and labeling the team as soft because we weren't retaliating to the rough stuff. sighhhh i'm still not over it as you can see. lol

 

tthe refs/league helped the Ruins win that cup thats for sure. their series with the Bolts they were getting lit up as well on the PP, and on game 7 of that series i believe no penalties against them or something SO BS. 

 

also, &^@# Ference! i'll never forget Lappy trolling this bitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Two...difFerences?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26829

 

 Brad Ference was our 10th overall pick in '97 - 

I believe he was a piece used in the Pavel Bure/Ed Jovanovski deal.

 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/8711/andrew-ference

 

Andrew Ference was drafted by Pittsburgh...same draft year in '97 but in the 8th round, 208th overall. 

 

No relation to one another, but amazing how both essentially drafted on polar opposites in draft order, yet Andrew Ference is the one that developed a solid NHL career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26829

 

 Brad Ference was our 10th overall pick in '97 - 

I believe he was a piece used in the Pavel Bure/Ed Jovanovski deal.

 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/8711/andrew-ference

 

Andrew Ference was drafted by Pittsburgh...same draft year in '97 but in the 8th round, 208th overall. 

 

No relation to one another, but amazing how both essentially drafted on polar opposites in draft order, yet Andrew Ference is the one that developed a solid NHL career.

I actually always thought they were brothers.

 

Disappointed you didn't laugh at my pun though.

 

:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...