The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Red Wings shopping Jimmy Howard for 1st-round pick

3 hours ago, rekker said:

I believe it was Kadri that Burke offered. The douche would of made us a better team and would off been a good asset either way.  

Could you imagine our center depth 

Petey 

Horvat 

Kadri 

Beagle 

Move Gaudette to the wing. 

Obvs we would have had to suck still to get Petey and Brock. But that depth is crazyyy. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I had no idea Detroit was so small.  There must be a lot of cities around it though, no?  Otherwise, it’s like the size of Victoria and region.  

I’m pretty sure you can buy a city block for less than the price of the average Vancouver home. And large industrial areas have been retaken over by nature. But Overall it’s a heavily populated surrounding area.

16 hours ago, combover said:

A 1st rounder....34 yearold. Lol

yeah were shopping gagme around too the price a 1st rounder. 

Theyd be lucky to get a 5th and a b grade prospect.

I was thinking this exact thing.

A 1st rounder for an old goalie?  Geez...that trade can't go wrong lmao. No chance in hell that happens.  :picard:

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

I had no idea Detroit was so small.  There must be a lot of cities around it though, no?  Otherwise, it’s like the size of Victoria and region.  

It will be in the upswing before long. I've lived in Windsor my entire life and I've seen the transformation from basically Gotham to a very attractive place to spend your Saturday night.

Isn't Detroit the city that can't even provide it's citizens with clean drinking water?  I guess that explains why they think they can get a 1st for Howard, something in the water I suppose.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/30/643247780/detroits-public-school-district-shuts-off-drinking-water-citing-lead-copper-risk

The Detroit Public Schools Community District has more than 47,000 students. Like Detroit itself, the district has also struggled with financial problems — requiring a state bailout in 2016.

I guess it was Flint, Michigan that had the water crisis and most schools in the states have high copper/lead which is likely caused by old pipes.  But still...  A first for Howard?

On 12/12/2018 at 5:47 PM, Alflives said:

Detroit isn’t particularly big but it’s the hub of Michigan which is a pretty well populated state.

I guess my question would be are we talking about an early 1st round pick or a late 1st round pick? Just saying a 1st round pick doesn't really give enough perspective in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a 2nd round pick so a late 1st round pick wouldn't be far off. That being said, a later 1st round pick also tends to imply a team is doing well and probably doesn't need a starter. ;)

On 12/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, KKnight said:

Could you imagine our center depth 

Petey 

Horvat 

Kadri 

Beagle 

Move Gaudette to the wing. 

Obvs we would have had to suck still to get Petey and Brock. But that depth is crazyyy. 

If Luongo was traded for Kadri, it's likely that Schneider would not have been traded for the draft pick that Canucks used to pick Horvat.  So a more likely scenario is that you would have to choose between Horvat and Kadri.  I would take Horvat over Kadri 100 times out 100 times.

Hindsight being what it is, the Schneider for Horvat deal was an astute move by Mike Gillis.  It's too bad that Gillis couldn't extract more for Luongo.

37 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

If Luongo was traded for Kadri, it's likely that Schneider would not have been traded for the draft pick that Canucks used to pick Horvat.  So a more likely scenario is that you would have to choose between Horvat and Kadri.  I would take Horvat over Kadri 100 times out 100 times.

Hindsight being what it is, the Schneider for Horvat deal was an astute move by Mike Gillis.  It's too bad that Gillis couldn't extract more for Luongo.

Organization/fanbase never should have turned on Luongo. Period.

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Very true. 

Archived