[Rumour] Everyone in St. Louis is available

The_Rocket

On 12/12/2018 at 2:59 PM, Trebreh said:

Parayko or Tarasenko pls!

anyone of them would fill a need in the lineup

____ - Pettersson - Boeser

____ - Horvat - Tarasenko

gives us two legit scoring lines

and with Parayko he feels a need on the right side and some size to play with Hughes next season.

yea and what are they going to want for him? iam at the point where jimbo needs to let most of the pieces on the roster mature

38 minutes ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

markstrom has been a total stallion.   jake allen is a total bum

Lately yes, I'm talking more beyond the last 6 or so games though. Don't get me wrong. I hope he keeps this up, but 6 games is not exactly a significant sample size. We could look at the large losing streak just before and say the exact opposite. So thinking about his play overall is just going to be more accurate when thinking about how good a goaltender is.

22 hours ago, The Lock said:

Lately yes, I'm talking more beyond the last 6 or so games though. Don't get me wrong. I hope he keeps this up, but 6 games is not exactly a significant sample size. We could look at the large losing streak just before and say the exact opposite. So thinking about his play overall is just going to be more accurate when thinking about how good a goaltender is.

Allen is trending downward in the worst way over the last couple seasons. Markstrom's save percentage has been above .910 in each of the last 3 seasons, for a goalie playing on a consistent lottery team that means something. Allen's is decreasing to the point where he could even drop below .900 this season. We were close to a bottom feeder team last year and Marky's numbers were equal to or superior than Allen's who played on a team that was eliminated from the playoffs on the last game of the season I am pretty sure. GAA isn't necessarily a fair stat to gauge a goalie, particularly when a goalie plays behind a garbage team, which lets be honest as a team the last few years we been in the bottom 5 of the league. Marky's save percentage though has been pretty solid the last few years. The fact Allen's is going down having a D core that consists of Pietrangelo, Parayko, Bouwmeester, Bortuzzo, Dunn etc. is not a good sign. That isn't a league breaking D core I know, but comparative to Marky's it's much better.

Long story short I'd say Marky is the better goalie and not really comparable to Allen.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Allen is trending downward in the worst way over the last couple seasons. Markstrom's save percentage has been above .910 in each of the last 3 seasons, for a goalie playing on a consistent lottery team that means something. Allen's is decreasing to the point where he could even drop below .900 this season. We were close to a bottom feeder team last year and Marky's numbers were equal to or superior than Allen's who played on a team that was eliminated from the playoffs on the last game of the season I am pretty sure. GAA isn't necessarily a fair stat to gauge a goalie, particularly when a goalie plays behind a garbage team, which lets be honest as a team the last few years we been in the bottom 5 of the league. Marky's save percentage though has been pretty solid the last few years. The fact Allen's is going down having a D core that consists of Pietrangelo, Parayko, Bouwmeester, Bortuzzo, Dunn etc. is not a good sign. That isn't a league breaking D core I know, but comparative to Marky's it's much better.

Long story short I'd say Marky is the better goalie and not really comparable to Allen.

Which pretty much supports my original reply in this thread on why we shouldn't get Allen....

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

My point was that you made him sound like he was Markstrom which he isn't................. look at all the periods I used........

Good job.... you.... can... type.... like.... William.................... Schatner! ;)

(But really, I'm not really caring too much about whether Allen's up to Marky's standard or if he might as well be a cardboard printout of a goalie in front of the net. It really wasn't my point. lol I don't think we should trade for him either way, details aside)

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Good job.... you.... can... type.... like.... William.................... Schatner! ;)

(But really, I'm not really caring too much about whether Allen's up to Marky's standard or if he might as well be a cardboard printout of a goalie in front of the net. It really wasn't my point. lol I don't think we should trade for him either way, details aside)

I just wanted....to give Marky.....the respect.... he KHANNNNNN

Archived