The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Everyone in St. Louis is available

The_Rocket

1 hour ago, The Beagle had landed said:

To Van: Courtnall, Ronning, Momesso, Dirk

To Stl: Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher

We've fleeced them once, why not a second time ;)

That was a pure hockey trade. 

We gave up some very good players. Yes, St Louis overpaid for them.  Imagine Bo Horvat, Boeser & Tanev, for Ryan O'Reilly, Tarasenko & Parayko?

The Earth shutters. 

Its just darts on a wall. But we need to stay on the young side of deals. Not get ahead of ourselves. 

17 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

I would give up the 1st unprotected to get either now, then take our chances with how things turn out.  Adding Pietrangelo would put us out of top 3 lotto contention anyways.  It would also make Tanev tradable in the off season.  

This teams biggest weakness is defense, a player of this caliber would go along way to address this and give our young guys a huge boost of faith by management.  Bring on Hughes next year a  sort out the bottom pairings.  

Demko cracks the lineup and we have a legit team.  

Baer, Horvat and Virtannen

Goldy, Pettersson and Boeser

Rousell Sutter and Lievo

Granlund Beagle and take your pick.

Edler Pietrangelo

Hutton Tanev

Hutton Guddy

MDZ, Stecher

Pouliot

Markstrom 

Nilson

With the rate we have scored this season, we could squeak into the playoffs with that lineup.

I would easily give up our 1st if we were adding a d man of that caliber. 

Hey Ben, you ready to be double shifted for the rest of the season?

HuttWink.gif

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Exactly.  And when you have a paper tiger like that, you'd think the first thing to look at is coaching.  They fired Yeo, but did they 'solve' that with Craig Berube? 

That's the question I'd ask before disassembling that roster.

I suspect however that this may be more a warning shot over the players - with maybe a move or two - than it is foreboding a whole flurry of trades....

yeah I think thats probably it, unless of course someone comes to them with an offer they just can't turn down. 

58 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Watch us trade Sutter and Palmu in a package with other parts for Tarasenko. 

Gheez I'd be estatic lol. Tryamkin would have to come back then!

Why trade Sutter?

If anything, Granlund should get traded. 

He's not great at faceoffs, isn't much of a factor on the PK and is soft as hell. He does try hard so I am not bashing him to death. 

Sutter should not be removed from the team, period.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why trade Sutter?

He's not great at faceoffs, isn't much of a factor on the PK and is soft as hell. He does try hard so I am not bashing him to death. 

Because Sutter has trade value. Not to say that he would net Tarasenko, but if you expect to get someone back of quality, you generally have to move quality. So yes Granlund is not as good as Sutter, but Granlund isn't fetching anything of real value and could be arguable that he provides more value to us than to trade him (utility guy that can be put anywhere in the lineup).

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

not invalid points but still does not make relative sense - relative to the player being proposed as an alternative.

Keep Pouliot - forget Bortuzzo.

Pouliot is the #3LHD on this team right now.

If you're going to shop him - or dump MDZ - for an expiring contract, there's no point adding a RHD when a LHD would be a greater short term need.

And whether people like Pouliot or not - or dwell on errors - there is the underlying fact that this team scores more at even strength with him on the ice than any other defenseman - he leads the blueline in on ice goals for per 60.

This team has apt shutdown D in Tanev, Edler, Gud and Hutton -there's no need for a 4/5 defensive RHD.

i guess my question to that statistic is how often is Pouliot playing with forwards like Pettersson and Boeser and is that statistic being padded by them? It's a potential promising statistic, but it is also one that could be skewed depending on who he is generally playing with. This could also work two-fold if he's playing with the 3rd and 4th lines a lot of the time and his other statistics are being pulled down; however, I'm inclined to believe the later is less likely the case.

Here's to hoping it works out for him, but unfortunately, it's one good statistic in a sea of not so good statistics. lol

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Why trade Sutter?

To be fair, Sutter has significantly more value than Granlund and they aren't exactly competing with eachother. I don't think you could get more than a 4th for Granlund. We're talking about a player that's scoring at a clip of 1 point every 3 games and has struggled mightily on the PK this year. He's a decent 4th line option for a contender but he's only slightly better than Gaunce and Boucher, guys that teams didn't want for free.

Sutter on the other hand could possibly land us a 2nd round pick or a prospect with equivalent value (IMO). Also, if we don't trade Sutter, either he or Guadette will end up being a 3rd/4th line winger for us next year (or Gaudette will end up in Utica), which I think is poor roster/asset management. After all, we're rebuilding! You don't hang onto your older players because they're slightly better than average. 2018-2019 is a write off as far as standings go. We're not making the playoffs. If we can add more pieces for the future at the expense of a guy that isn't part of our future, you have to make that deal.

Called this before the season even started. Their new leadership down the middle doesn't really know what it takes to win. All they've done is lose the majority of their careers. They traded the guys who have been playing consistent playoff hockey to Buffalo and now Buffalo is doing good. Surprise....

Montreal made everyone available save for pretty much Carey Price and Shea Weber at the end of the season.  Only 1 trade happened - Domi for Galchenyuk.  The offers received were not enticing enough to make a move.  Will probably be the same here.

Archived