The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Insane assault in US high school hockey

ForzaTikare

5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Rednecks shouldn't be allowed to play hockey.  

So which was worse, this "redneck" attack or the Canadian boys, Green and Maki. infamous stick fight? Maki hit Green so hard with an intentional stick to the head that he drove skull chips into his brain. Green had to undergo 5 hours of brain surgery.

Everyone should be allowed to play hockey and the actions of one goof is not a reflection of all Texas or U.S. hockey players just as the Green/Maki incident was not a reflection of all Canadian hockey players.

Wow!  That's nasty.  I thought the referee acted swiftly, and did well to protect the other boy.  

Shouldn't this be a criminal offence?  Just because the kids are playing hockey shouldn't preclude them from acts like this being pursued criminally.  

8 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

I have no words to explain this, the article and video will have to speak for itself

https://www.bardown.com/usa-hockey-suspends-texas-teenager-after-vicious-slashing-attack-1.1225480

Its Texas what do you expect? The US is one of the most violent countries in the world and Texas just steps it up a notch, Nothing new here.

That kid needs some serious anger management help.

Looks like the second slash mostly missed/slipped down the guys back, given the angle the stick hit the ice.

Good luck that the guy on the ice didn't end up with a bone or two broken in his  lower thoracic spine.

No way to justify it but the recording doesn't show what the kid on the ice might have done prior to the two of them falling.   For all we know he could have speared the other guy or worse leading to the response which would still not be justified.   Sticks as a weapon is the second worst thing in hockey only exceeded by using your skates.   

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  That's nasty.  I thought the referee acted swiftly, and did well to protect the other boy.  

Shouldn't this be a criminal offence?  Just because the kids are playing hockey shouldn't preclude them from acts like this being pursued criminally.  

Absolutely, that is an assault, consenting to the risks of playing hockey does not consent to that kind of an attack.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in peewee there was a kid a year older on my team that constantly picked on me.

one practice I snapped and chased him all around the ice hacking and swinging my stick at him.  (He was bigger than me)

i went into the the dressing room after and burst into tears but he never bugged me again and we both remained on the team and kept playing hockey.

Archived