The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (16-22) 2018

There are likely a few players who are catching the guys ahead of them on the all-time lists. 

Crosby, Malkin and Ovi are storming up the list.

Marleau and Big Joe are also doing epic things, especially Big Joe who is set to pass Marcell &^@#ing Dionne in all-time assists. Amazing! I think that good for 10th place, all-time.

Dionne must be the most under-appreciated star in all of sports. 

Do yourselves a favour and check out those stats. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-leaders.html

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Corey Crawford left tonight’s game after getting bowled over by Dylan Strome and hitting his head off the post hard.

Oh man...hope he's OK. Would hate for him to have to go through what he did last year.

As for Strome, he was guided in by Kane, so can't really blame him. Whereas Kane was just trying to prevent him from getting to his guy. Don't think there was anything malicious, but it was a bad end result for Crawford.

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

Oh man...hope he's OK. Would hate for him to have to go through what he did last year.

As for Strome, he was guided in by Kane, so can't really blame him. Whereas Kane was just trying to prevent him from getting to his guy. Don't think there was anything malicious, but it was a bad end result for Crawford.

Both Strome and Evander were given minors on the play, hooking on Strome and interference on Kane.  Agree on your part that were was no I'll intent from any parties involved, just an unfortunate collision on an injury prone player.

Sadly, I think Crow should hang'em up if it is indeed another concussion.  He's accomplished enough with his Cups and Medals and long term health is far more important than his list of accolades.

Blackhawks have confirmed that Corey has a concussion and he will be out indefinitely.   

4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Both Strome and Evander were given minors on the play, hooking on Strome and interference on Kane.  Agree on your part that were was no I'll intent from any parties involved, just an unfortunate collision on an injury prone player.

Sadly, I think Crow should hang'em up if it is indeed another concussion.  He's accomplished enough with his Cups and Medals and long term health is far more important than his list of accolades.

Blackhawks have confirmed that Corey has a concussion and he will be out indefinitely.   

Agreed.

No sense ruining the rest of his life at this point. He's made a lot of money, and won 2 cups, 2 Jennings, and a World Cup gold. He's 34 at the end of the month, and still has another ~$8.5 million coming on his current contract. Given his age and injury history, there won't be much financial incentive to stay. And he likely won't be winning anything in Chicago for the next couple of years either.

6 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

You know things have hit rock bottom when the fans are attacking the mascot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/nhls-blackhawks-probe-mascots-fan-fight/ar-BBR2qMY?li=AAggNb9

The NHL's Chicago Blackhawks say they are investigating an incident in which mascot Tommy Hawk fought with a fan at United Center, spawning a viral video.

"We are gathering the facts and will have no further comment at this time, pending our investigation," a team spokesman told the Chicago Sun-Times.

The newspaper reported that according to police the mascot -- a man in a foam-beaked hawk costume -- was punched and put into a headlock by an attacker shortly after the Blackhawks' overtime loss to the Winnipeg Jets at United Center in Chicago on Saturday night.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Flyers have recalled Carter Hart from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

Hart has been up and down so far in Lehigh Valley, going 9-5-1 with a 0.901 SV% and a 3.05 GAA.

I like Carter Hart, but this is a lot of pressure, basically he could take it and run or it could really destroy his confidence as this isn't a rebuilding team and they need to be successful sooner than later. For his sake, I hope he handles the pressure well.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Such an unlikely fight between former teammates  - Ryan declined to comment post game but the fight surprised his teammates.  

Ryan kicked the crap out of Turris.  That was a serious beat down.  I recommend that Turris doesn’t fight anymore, unless he wants to be publicly humiliated.  My goodness Ryan absolutely destroyed him!  

The rookies are White, Tkachuk, Lajoie, Batherson, Jaros and Formenton (returned to juniors after a 9 game audition).  Two other rookies played in just 1 game but had no points.

Chabot is not included as he is not a rookie but he is only 21 and leads the league in D scoring.

Dorion might not be much of a GM and there's also the Melnyk factor but he has been good at drafting.  He comes from a scouting family and started as a scout climbing the ranks up to GM.  Duchene is another one that has been impressive for them while Turris disappeared in the playoffs for Nashville.

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You know things have hit rock bottom when the fans are attacking the mascot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/nhls-blackhawks-probe-mascots-fan-fight/ar-BBR2qMY?li=AAggNb9

Gagner straight up for Tommy Hawk?   Guy has some fight to his game and could probably protect Pettersson if needed.  He's cheap too.

4 hours ago, mll said:

The rookies are White, Tkatchuk, Lajoie, Batherson, Jaros and Formenton (returned to juniors after a 9 game audition).  Two other rookies played in just 1 game but had no points.

Chabot is not included as he is not a rookie but he is only 21 and leads the league in D scoring.

Dorion might not be much of a GM and there's also the Melnyk factor but he has been good at drafting.  He comes from a scouting family and started as a scout climbing the ranks up to GM.  Duchene is another one that has been impressive for them while Turris disappeared in the playoffs for Nashville.

Man I want Tkachuk

I missed this on Saturday but wanted to show others incase they missed it and hadn't seen it yet, but how was this not allowed?

Update: Did some looking around and I guess the NHL decided to rescinded Artturi Lehkonens penalty in his record books not something that happens everyday, even the NHL didn't agree with the referee's call. Funny how no major sports networks are covering this to the public, it's like the NHL doesn't want people to know they screwed up lol.

To start this week the Canadiens got a measure of closure on the ordeal, with the NHL office removing it from Lehkonen’s record according to head coach Claude Julien.

While it doesn’t restore the assist, it has the benefit of removing a strike from Lehkonen’s record. Under the NHL policy a player with multiple embellishment penalties is subject to fines of an increasing amount over their playing time.

Archived