The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-CBJ, Van-MTL

Vancouver:C Sam Gagner

Columbus: Conditional 2020 4th round pick*

*If Gagner plays 50+ games next season. If not pick is a 7th.

-Gagner was a huge part of the CBJ powerplay. Since he left it’s been one of the worst in the league. Gagner could be a 50pt player with them again maybe.

-We dump Gagners contract. 

Vancouver: RW Loui Eriksson, D Derek Pouliot

Montreal: D Karl Alzner 

-Habs were rumoured to be in on Eriksson before. He could still be a solid bottom 6 contributor and he’s on pace for 40ish points but I think the hostility of our market towards him is just too much. He’s going to be ridiculed until he’s gone. Pouliot has decent offensive awareness but I just don’t see a place for him on this team with Hughes, Juolevi and Biseboise coming up.

-Alzner isn’t contributing to their NHL team at all down in the minors. I think he’s still a bottom pairing Defense man at least. Probably a better option than either Del Zotto or Biega as our 8th defenseman.

-Both have 3 years remaining on their contracts after this season.

Sven Baertschi-Bo Horvat-Nikolay Goldobin

Josh Leivo-Elias Pettersson-Brock Boeser

Markus Granlund-Brandon Sutter-Jake Virtanen 

Antoine Roussel-Jay Beagle-Tyler Motte

Tim Schaller

Alex Edler-Chris Tanev

Ben Hutton-Erik Gudbranson 

Karl Alzner-Troy Stecher

Michael Del Zotto

Jacob Markstrom 

Anders Nilsson 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Blue Jackets could’ve had him for free from waivers but declined, I fail to see them giving up even a conditional pick unless salary retention was involved.

I thought so. But I think CBJ though their PP would improve from last year so they didn’t take the opportunity to grab Gagner. I’m thinking they might reconsider now that their PP still sucks. Just my opinion.

Just now, ken kaniff said:

I thought so. But I think CBJ though their PP would improve from last year so they didn’t take the opportunity to grab Gagner. I’m thinking they might reconsider now that their PP still sucks. Just my opinion.

CBJ's PP started off well with Gagner but teams probably figured them out because they were the 2nd worst in the league in the 2nd half of the season.  He played in a very sheltered role and once the PP declined it probably wasn't worth for them to bring him back.

I don’t see either team going for the Montreal deal.  Eriksson doesn’t displace any of Montreal’s top3 left wingers.  In essence all this deal does is add two more waiver eligible players to a lineup that has already lost 2 players to waivers this season. 

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Van-CBJ, Van-MTL

Archived