The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van Philly

To Philly

Edler + Nillsson+ Goldobin + 2nd + 2nd 2019

To Van 

Voracek 

Voracek has been all over their lineup this year and Is sporting quite the minus. Seems they are unsure where he fits and with his cap hit and term that's not a good look. They are weak on LD if Edler is willing to waive maybe he and Nilly can create a more positive atmosphere for their developing prospects. Goldy can take some of the sting out of Voracek's departure Goldy currently sporting 5g 15A vs Voracek 8g 17a. Voracek gives us that big bodied veteran presence setup man to play with EP. 

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

To Philly

Edler + Nillsson+ Goldobin + 2nd + 2nd 2019

To Van 

Voracek 

Voracek has been all over their lineup this year and Is sporting quite the minus. Seems they are unsure where he fits and with his cap hit and term that's not a good look. They are weak on LD if Edler is willing to waive maybe he and Nilly can create a more positive atmosphere for their developing prospects. Goldy can take some of the sting out of Voracek's departure Goldy currently sporting 5g 15A vs Voracek 8g 17a. Voracek gives us that big bodied veteran presence setup man to play with EP. 

That’s a lot for us to give up for Voracek, especially with us rebuilding.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a lot for us to give up for Voracek, especially with us rebuilding.  

Edler is UFA. Nilly is also UFA essentially its Goldy and 2 seconds + 2 guys who can make them at least respectable for this year. For a guy who had 85pts lastyear and 81pts in 2015 

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why? Voracek is 29 years old and we're rebuilding. Not to mention we already have a top line RW in Boeser.

Nucks aren't far from rebuilt. Cant re build forever I would like to see the Canucks start pushing for the playoffs next year. Voracek is far from over the hill. Hes a Left shot who can play both wings some sites have him listed as RW others LW I wouldn't get too hung up on it. He has lots of good hockey left in the tank.

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Edler is UFA. Nilly is also UFA essentially its Goldy and 2 seconds + 2 guys who can make them at least respectable for this year. For a guy who had 85pts lastyear and 81pts in 2015 

Edler can be shipped out at the deadline for assets (assuming he waives). Goldy is producing at (or close to) a top 6 pace, actually fits our age group, and plays the side we're weakest on. And coughing up 2 second rd picks? That seems counterproductive for a rebuilding team. That basically equates to coughing up a Woo and a Lind as well.

34 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Edler can be shipped out at the deadline for assets (assuming he waives). Goldy is producing at (or close to) a top 6 pace, actually fits our age group, and plays the side we're weakest on. And coughing up 2 second rd picks? That seems counterproductive for a rebuilding team. That basically equates to coughing up a Woo and a Lind as well.

Goldy is a liability especially if we ever make the playoffs he will be targeted defensively. And Woo a projected bottom pair D and Lind who might maybe make the NHL, Gadjovich might be a 4th liner maybe? Most 2nd round picks don't make the NHL at least not impactfully with the loss of Nilly and Edler we insure ourselves a bottom 5 finish this year say we add one of Kakko/Cousins/Dach, Juolevi, Hughes, next year.

For 

Voracek EP Kakko?

Levo Bo Boeser

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Baer Beagle Loui

Granlund Gaudette Motte 

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Guddy

Juolevi Stetcher

Markstrom/Demko

I'd target another RHD in the offseason maybe Trouba/Myers. This team is ready to start playing some meaningful games. Getting tired of tanking and I imagine so are the Aqua men bye bye Linden. We cant rebuild until Bo and co are in their 30s. It's time to start the upswing. 

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Van Philly
1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Quantity ≠ quality

It was a stab in the dark at if they are going to go into rebuild mode this helps them stop the bleeding Edler Nillsson Goldy  and gain some picks. I would have loved to have been offered this package for Kes when the Canucks realized their time was up and needed to re build. 

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Goldy is a liability especially if we ever make the playoffs he will be targeted defensively. And Woo a projected bottom pair D and Lind who might maybe make the NHL, Gadjovich might be a 4th liner maybe? Most 2nd round picks don't make the NHL at least not impactfully with the loss of Nilly and Edler we insure ourselves a bottom 5 finish this year say we add one of Kakko/Cousins/Dach, Juolevi, Hughes, next year.

For 

Voracek EP Kakko?

Levo Bo Boeser

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Baer Beagle Loui

Granlund Gaudette Motte 

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Guddy

Juolevi Stetcher

Markstrom/Demko

I'd target another RHD in the offseason maybe Trouba/Myers. This team is ready to start playing some meaningful games. Getting tired of tanking and I imagine so are the Aqua men bye bye Linden. We cant rebuild until Bo and co are in their 30s. It's time to start the upswing. 

This team isn't ready to start playing meaningful games just quite yet. Our defense is atrocious, our goaltending could fall apart at any moment, and our offense, while OK right now, is just one Horvat/Boeser/Pettersson injury away from being dumped on it's head, as the Boeser injury proved earlier this season. While I expect Hughes will be able to contribute pretty much right away, I doubt Juolevi will be able to make the jump to the NHL seamlessly. His development path indicates that he's going to need some time to adjust, so expecting him to help in a significant manner as soon as he makes the jump to the NHL isn't realistic imho. The same could be said for Demko as well.

Not to mention there's the cap situation to think of. Voracek is going to be making 8.25 million per season until 2024, which means he'll still be making that amount when he's 34 years old. There's every possibility that Voracek will slow down significantly before his contracts runs out in 2024, and that slow-down will likely coincide with our team's prime years. Personally, I really don't want to take the chance of having another Eriksson-type albatross contract on the team when our core is in it's prime and ready to start competing for cups.

Also, it needs to be noted that, while our cap situation is OK right now, Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes' entry level contracts will all be up before Voracek's contract runs out. Boeser will likely be making at least 7 mill per season, Pettersson possibly 10+ mill, and Hughes possibly around the same amount as Boeser. Do we really want to risk signing someone almost in their 30's making 8.25 mill for the next 6 years when we have some pretty huge contracts coming up?

It just doesn't make sense to me. 

38 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This team isn't ready to start playing meaningful games just quite yet. Our defense is atrocious, our goaltending could fall apart at any moment, and our offense, while OK right now, is just one Horvat/Boeser/Pettersson injury away from being dumped on it's head, as the Boeser injury proved earlier this season. While I expect Hughes will be able to contribute pretty much right away, I doubt Juolevi will be able to make the jump to the NHL seamlessly. His development path indicates that he's going to need some time to adjust, so expecting him to help in a significant manner as soon as he makes the jump to the NHL isn't realistic imho. The same could be said for Demko as well.

Not to mention there's the cap situation to think of. Voracek is going to be making 8.25 million per season until 2024, which means he'll still be making that amount when he's 34 years old. There's every possibility that Voracek will slow down significantly before his contracts runs out in 2024, and that slow-down will likely coincide with our team's prime years. Personally, I really don't want to take the chance of having another Eriksson-type albatross contract on the team when our core is in it's prime and ready to start competing for cups.

Also, it needs to be noted that, while our cap situation is OK right now, Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes' entry level contracts will all be up before Voracek's contract runs out. Boeser will likely be making at least 7 mill per season, Pettersson possibly 10+ mill, and Hughes possibly around the same amount as Boeser. Do we really want to risk signing someone almost in their 30's making 8.25 mill for the next 6 years when we have some pretty huge contracts coming up?

It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Voracek will not be washed up at 32 the Cap will be going up we can afford EP Boeser Voracek Hughes. 

Eventually you have to surround the kids with the pieces to win or end up like Edm in perpetual rebuild.

Archived