The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler on the powerplay

Silky mitts

5 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Edlers problems stem from even last year where he refused to pass the puck to boeser on the powerplay. Sure if you remeber the game day threads just full of people ranting to pass the pack instead of his patented in the shins slapper.

Funny thing, I've seen him passing to both Boeser and Pettersson. And I don't hang out in the game day thread. I prefer watching the games than typing/reading.

Who should be on the PP? Stecher, Pouliot, and Hutton have all had opportunities while Edler has been out injured. Yet the PP always seems to drop off when he's injured. So are you suggesting going with 5 forwards or waving a magic wand to have another d-man magically appear?

16 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

But Hutton realized that to score on the powerplay setting up ep and brock constantly leads to goals, edler enjoys shooting into shins 

Didn't you see that Boeser set up goal for Edler, the way he wound up? Hutton can't do that. Also now that Juolevi has been basically stalled a  year of development, we will need him even more in the future.

He doesn't seem to be having as many shots blocked as before but I agree seeing EP/Boeser open while Edler puts a floater wider of the net is a bit frustrating.

The worst thing is his god-awful drop pass.  He basically stops skating and slows the whole team down making it very easy for the opposition to plug things up.  The whole play would be much more effective if he didn't do the exact same thing EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  Maybe try mixing in a couple head man passes or carry it over the readline and dump it in for the guys coming in hot to retrieve. 

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Didn't you see that Boeser set up goal for Edler, the way he wound up? Hutton can't do that. Also now that Juolevi has been basically stalled a  year of development, we will need him even more in the future.

To be fair edler hasn’t  shot the puck like that or even attempted a shot like that in recent memory.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

To be fair edler hasn’t  shot the puck like that or even attempted a shot like that in recent memory.

Yeah the kids brought it out of him and I think he will bring even more, I also think he stopped cause his stick kept breaking but bow he hasn't brkoen one for a bit.

14 hours ago, smokes said:

Lol, how many PPs has Juolevi anchored on the Canucks blueline? But hes the future hands down? No one else is relevent? Ahh shucks i guess the Nucks have no choice but to resign Eddy.

Archived