Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Let's Sign KB3!


Recommended Posts

Why not? If Kevin's brutal-slow, it'll improve our 2019 pick! :^) If any shenanigans are going on, we'll either have Gudbranson, KB3 or Bulldog to jump into the fray(say, if Tanev gets dealt to contender). Let's play half a yr like brawling alley cats!

 

Let him do that Spengler Cup thingy, & let's give him a 2 yr x 2.5-ish deal.

 

Allow Stecher to take his time recovering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Why not? If Kevin's brutal-slow, it'll improve our 2019 pick! :^) If any shenanigans are going on, we'll either have Gudbranson, KB3 or Bulldog to jump into the fray(say, if Tanev gets dealt to contender). Let's play half a yr like brawling alley cats!

 

Let him do that Spengler Cup thingy, & let's give him a 2 yr x 2.5-ish deal.

 

Allow Stecher to take his time recovering.

I would consider giving KB3 a contract for the remainder of this year so that he could retire a Canuck but I don't think I would commit to a second year at this stage of his career.

The thing that concerns me with this signing, or any other signing, is that we currently sit at 46 of the 50 allowed contracts. I believe that Benning must keep a spot available for Hughes and even Lockwood if they become available before the end of the Canucks' season. That being the case, we only have 2 contracts to play with and signing KB3 would take us down to 1 contract. I just don't think we want to be that restricted going into the trade deadline NUX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I would consider giving KB3 a contract for the remainder of this year so that he could retire a Canuck but I don't think I would commit to a second year at this stage of his career.

The thing that concerns me with this signing, or any other signing, is that we currently sit at 46 of the 50 allowed contracts. I believe that Benning must keep a spot available for Hughes and even Lockwood if they become available before the end of the Canucks' season. That being the case, we only have 2 contracts to play with and signing KB3 would take us down to 1 contract. I just don't think we want to be that restricted going into the trade deadline NUX.

Yeah, RB..I was just biking back from a Costco shopping excursion, & this idea popped up. The guy's worth it for his interviews alone!(but only 1 yr? Sure, if Kev is game!)

 

IF Schaller doesn't get his nose dirty pdq..send that lump packing. With this league's brutal officiating we need 6 or 7 guys that can take out the trash. It's time to get serious!

Our depth fwds & extra D should all bring some snarl. We DON'T want our kids getting hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Let's Sign KB3!
11 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I would consider giving KB3 a contract for the remainder of this year so that he could retire a Canuck but I don't think I would commit to a second year at this stage of his career.

The thing that concerns me with this signing, or any other signing, is that we currently sit at 46 of the 50 allowed contracts. I believe that Benning must keep a spot available for Hughes and even Lockwood if they become available before the end of the Canucks' season. That being the case, we only have 2 contracts to play with and signing KB3 would take us down to 1 contract. I just don't think we want to be that restricted going into the trade deadline NUX.

Didn't Lockwood say he's staying in School to finish his degree? If that's the case we won't see him until the end of next season in 2020. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't Lockwood say he's staying in School to finish his degree? If that's the case we won't see him until the end of next season in 2020. 

I know he had stated that he wanted to have another year in college last March as he was going to be recovering from surgery. I may have missed something but I have not seen more on this since then. If he goes back for his senior year we risk losing him to free agency next summer so I would expect Benning to make a push to sign him after this season to avoid that scenario.

 

I guess it is possible that he could sign an ATO with Utica but I would not want to count on that personally. I still think it would be prudent to keep a contract spot open for him until you maybe have a better understanding of what his plans are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...