The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to get rid of Bettman

camaro ss

Good evening folks! I would like to say that that hit last night on Stecher should of been a suspendable hit. Because it was not just reeks of corruption. Most of the Canadian teams get the short end of the stick when it comes to refing in most games that don't include Montreal or Toronto. What I would like to say is, the owners of the Canadian team should get together and boot that little corrupt weasel Bettman off the thrown. To much corruption against Canadian teams in my book.

1 minute ago, camaro ss said:

Then why don't the owners of the Canadian teams create there own Old Boys Club. 

why  , because all owners have to tow the company line, so to speak, gate revenue is collected , compiled and redistributed evenly among all teams evenly, whether  you have attendance like the panthers or sellout , whinning or any type of separation wouldn't be tolerated.

23 minutes ago, camaro ss said:

Yes he's made them money, but do they ever wanna win a cup with this weasel. If I was one of the them a championship would be at the top of the list

they do want to win a cup. A little known fact about the NHL is that one team is guaranteed to do so each year. Unfortunately you can only have one winner in a given year, so not every team gets to do it. But I think the owners understand this and are cool with it.

Geez, I know everyone is upset about the refereeing and the DOPS failure to suspend the Tampa player but I really think we need to move beyond the conspiracy theory when it comes to the referees.

There are some very good referees in the NHL, some average and even some poor ones.....that is the reflection of any industry/workplace.Hockey is an amazingly fast game (and getting faster) and there will be missed calls and certainly calls that not everybody will agree with....that is just part of the sport. Referees don't get to watch everything in super slo-motion like we fans do and, even if they did, many of us would disagree with their calls anyways. Fans will always be split on their views of what should and should not be a penalty......mostly depending on which team you are a fan of. There is not a team fan base in the league that does not believe their team is getting the short end of the stick and they have many examples to prove their point. Seems to me that the league and referees can't be conspiring against everyone so I choose to believe it is more the quality of the officials and the unrealistic expectations of our rabid fan bases.

Just as a side note, I usually go to three or four games a week that my grandsons play and they currently play Novice, Atom and Bantam. I can tell you that the fans (parents) have the exact same issues/concerns with the officiating, particularly when you get to the Bantam level where hitting is allowed. Are these referees biased and corrupt as well? I don't think so. We see the game based with a bias for "our team" and that is just part of being a fan.

6 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Geez, I know everyone is upset about the refereeing and the DOPS failure to suspend the Tampa player but I really think we need to move beyond the conspiracy theory when it comes to the referees.

There are some very good referees in the NHL, some average and even some poor ones.....that is the reflection of any industry/workplace.Hockey is an amazingly fast game (and getting faster) and there will be missed calls and certainly calls that not everybody will agree with....that is just part of the sport. Referees don't get to watch everything in super slo-motion like we fans do and, even if they did, many of us would disagree with their calls anyways. Fans will always be split on their views of what should and should not be a penalty......mostly depending on which team you are a fan of. There is not a team fan base in the league that does not believe their team is getting the short end of the stick and they have many examples to prove their point. Seems to me that the league and referees can't be conspiring against everyone so I choose to believe it is more the quality of the officials and the unrealistic expectations of our rabid fan bases.

Just as a side note, I usually go to three or four games a week that my grandsons play and they currently play Novice, Atom and Bantam. I can tell you that the fans (parents) have the exact same issues/concerns with the officiating, particularly when you get to the Bantam level where hitting is allowed. Are these referees biased and corrupt as well? I don't think so. We see the game based with a bias for "our team" and that is just part of being a fan.

Yes sir, I agree

6 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

The main issue is problem referees such as Sutherland face no repercussions and are airlifted in to series where they proceed to make a mockery of the sport.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The main issue is problem referees such as Sutherland face no repercussions and are airlifted in to series where they proceed to make a mockery of the sport.

Referees are evaluated for performance purposes and they do face repercussions up to, and including, termination. I don't particularly like Sutherland either and wouldn't rate him as one of the better quality referees in the league. However, I have no basis to say he is corrupt or conspires to ensure our team does not get an equal opportunity to win. Again, I am only talking about the referees and have no opinion to state on league decisions for deployment of officials. I just choose to believe there is no conspiracy against any team.......otherwise why do I watch?

Archived