The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning finds another gold nugget

*Buzzsaw*

On 12/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, Drakrami said:

stop jumping the gun.. it's been 9 games and he has been great, but golden nugget? rofl.. 

This is like saying Leipsic is a golden nugget because he had 9 points in 14 games when we first traded for him. Or Granlund is a golden nugget because he had 19 goals that 1 season playing with the Sedins. Impatient, naive post. 

1 month from before, see what i mean? lol..

On 12/24/2018 at 10:50 AM, GreyHatnDart said:

I like Leivo so far, and regardless of where he draws into the lineup, he was a great pick up by Benning. Adds to the log jam up front, especially the fact that he’s been playing very well so far. 

Leads me to believe he’s working on a trade. Perhaps one of Sutter or Baer? I agree with an earlier poster regarding the fact that Gaudette has been continually improving and looks to be being groomed as our future 3C. With Pettersson proving able to play centre, Bo being an excellent one, and Beafle shoring up defensive matchups as our “4th”, it kind of leaves Sutter as the odd man out. I am all for making a trade to improve our team with any veteran, although I like Sutter and what he brings to the team. 

At the end of the day, I have loved the way this team has been playing this year, even during our losing streak. Our defence still has some glaring holes, and I think most would agree is the weakest part of our roster, and future depth as well. With Juolevi shelved for the year, and Hughes only being a possibility towards the end of the season, that leaves us pretty empty in the cupboard. 

I’d like to see Benning pry a D+2 or D+3 defensive prospect out of a team looking to fill some holes going into the post season. Lilljegren in Toronto comes to mind, but I’m sure there’s plenty of others someone could help me with. For once, I think we’re finally showing we have enough quality depth up front to be able to make a move that won’t hurt us in the short term, assuming we’re still on the bubble by TDL. 

Virtanen would be the perfect trade.  Even though he's a floater, he might fetch a half decent D-Man and he certainly won't be missed.  His pick has been bust - to date.

Archived