The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nasty Flu Going Around?

Dazzle

I'm just wondering if people have the same type of symptoms because apparently there's an identical virus floating around.

- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

- Cough (infected throat)

- Ears feel "full" or earache

If so, get lots of rest and drink lots of water.

/endPSA

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm just wondering if people have the same type of symptoms because apparently there's an identical virus floating around.

/endPSA

I've definitely had the tinnitus and ears feeling full. I just assumed it was my usual massive accumulation of earwax that happens around this time.

45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

/endPSA

It's happening to me, tired of this $&!#. I haven't breathed through my nose in like 5 days. I get better one day than worse the next day.

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

/endPSA

Yep. I've had all of those symptoms for about 2 weeks now. I had ringing in the ears and yesterday during that awful windstorm my eardrums felt like they were imploding. This morning was even worse. I should probably see a doctor, but I've just been so busy.

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Flu Shots :P 

Yes they are not 100% effective, and never will be but atleast you're protected.

People still use condoms, despite them not being 100%. Protect yourself before you wreck yourself.

yeah got my flu shot a bit ago, all ive gotten so far is just a runny nose.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I've had tinnitus my whole life, but I haven't noticed the other two, so I suppose I'm okay there.

Keep your caffeine intake low.

One of the "B" vitamins might help, can't remember which right now. :(

Also available at Save On and Shoppers Drug is a box of stuff called "Ear Tone" which claims, " Helps reduce the perception of tinnitus in the ears".

56 minutes ago, gurn said:

Keep your caffeine intake low.

One of the "B" vitamins might help, can't remember which right now. :(

Also available at Save On and Shoppers Drug is a box of stuff called "Ear Tone" which claims, " Helps reduce the perception of tinnitus in the ears".

I'm used to it so my brain has learned to tune it out most of the time. It's likely because I'm hearing impaired, which apparently causes tinnitus almost 100% of the time. When you don't know any thing else in your life, it doesn't seem that bad.

I was absolutely destroyed for about 3 weeks there.  Just prayed for every work day to end.  Figured my kid brought it home from daycare because he had a fever but my wife and I got hit hard for 2-3 weeks and he was good like 2 days later.  

Archived