The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] WINNIPEG JETS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.22 | 7:00PM | CBC CLOWNS | SN650 |

J-23

50 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looking forward to this game. The Jets are a well built team with very little weaknesses. Should be a good physical game. Go Canucks Go!

The Jets are one of the few teams in the league that are legitimately terrifying. They can beat you in a variety of ways and are strong top to bottom.

Definitely agree with "very well built". Big test for the Nux tonight. They need a full 60 tonight and have to be aware out there.

Only complaint about the practice lines- Goldy - Petey - Boes ... That line is waaaay too light vs Jets.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The Jets are one of the few teams in the league that are legitimately terrifying. They can beat you in a variety of ways and are strong top to bottom.

Definitely agree with "very well built". Big test for the Nux tonight. They need a full 60 tonight and have to be aware out there.

Only complaint about the practice lines- Goldy - Petey - Boes ... That line is waaaay too light vs Jets.

Big difference is the Jets have BIG BUFF.  

Interesting lines. Granlund/Gaudette/Leivo line was an interesting line combination made by Green last game. Maybe they can continue their success.

Goldobin also back with Petey and Brock, hopefully that gets Goldy going

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Big difference is the Jets have BIG BUFF.  

But even when he's not playing... that team is tough to play against.  Very hard to break up their cycles, push them off the puck.  I don't think of the Jets as a puck control team like the Wings and our own Canucks used to be, but they seem to be able to play that way when they want.  Best team we've played against this year.  Only Minnesota at times and Tampa Bay in that league.  (Or Washington when they are motivated.) 

Canucks will be in tough against the Jets...the 'D' have to move the puck quickly up ice to the forwards who will have to come back in support...

if they continue to pass back and forth in the 'D' zone, then the 'D' will fumble the puck causing fire drills...this will be the most important detail in the 'D' zone for them to improve on, move the puck up ice quickly and on the tape....

when they get possession of the puck, the mind set should be they are on offense and the forwards have to react immediately to the 'D' when the 'D' gets possession and get in a position to get the pass... when they don't have the puck, then they are on defense playing between their man and the net...ready to transition to offense when the 'D' gets possession...they will beat the Jets on the transition between offense and defense and vice versa...transition has to be immediate.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I would contend you don't see it because you don't want to see it.  He's a very physical player in his own end.

Could be that I have developed myopia.  I liked the acquisition of Pouliot, and for sure he is a fluid skater and one of the better passers from defense .... and wins his share of puck battles in the corners, but - I rarely see him step up and take the man like, say, Guddy, Edler, Hutton, Stetcher, Biega or MDZ. Even Tanev. To me, Pouliot is the softest defenseman we have, but he does bring other skills to the table, and might be our most mobile defenseman, which at least is something.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This season has seem some of the greatest GDTs in recent history. Couple those with Gassy's orca pics and City's hilarious gifs, and we are entering a golden age at the CDC. 

Yes..we will reflect back(centuries on) at all this as a type of Rennaissance Period..beauty, eh?

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

I wouldn't complain if they brought the Cup back to Canada, this yr. You're right, L2 Chevy has built a monster out in Winterpeg!

Archived