The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

most unappreciated workers

milk and honey

Hi y'all during this beautiful Christmas holiday where many of us are with our closest family members and dearest of friends. There are many people working throughout Christmas who are the forgotten heroes in my books. Also I know we are a very demanding society but let us be patience and kind towards all the workers this upcoming week and all year round for that sake.  

Bakers(waking up or some cases staying up 24-48hours straight making all our favorite treats)

retail workers

truckers

grocery workers

Army/navy/air force

international workers

who else do y'all have?

Merry Christmas! I hope all of you enjoy the company, food, and the many beautiful cozy church services going on. 

First responders, nurses, doctors, other health care workers, utilities staff, all already mentioned and deserve a very special thank you. Taxi and Bus drivers too. 

I appreciate the hell retail employees go through this time of year, some people are just awful towards them. Recently witnessed a store owner treating her staff like trash in the middle of a chaotic rush... I was kinda shocked and felt really uncomfortable.

And a very special thank you to my pals at the liquor store. It wouldn't be Christmas without booze.

if we're gonna shout out bakers (me being one of them), shout out to the cooks (used to be one of them) who work insane hours and most likely work for somewhere who offer a "thanksgiving/christmas special" and the caterers out there who put up with office party platters

all the more important roles have already been mentioned: nurses/army, etc

Zamboni drivers, the ticket people, the concession workers, The people who do security in the stands. And most importantly the stick people. Haven't really seen a broken stick this year until Guddy smashed his over the net. (Edler thanks you as well)

@112 I appreciate your music.

@smokes I appreciate the cancer you’d give me is I smoked. 

@Ryan Strome I appreciate you not callin for a suspension when EP broke your ankles. 

@luckylager I appreciate you for selling yourself like a cheap who** and memorable drunk nights. 

I couldnt think of anything else to for the rest of the ppl in this thread to appreciate on the spot. But I love you all too. 

God bless and merry Christmas 

2 minutes ago, HI5 said:

@112 I appreciate your music.

@smokes I appreciate the cancer you’d give me is I smoked. 

@Ryan Strome I appreciate you not callin for a suspension when EP broke your ankles. 

@luckylager I appreciate you for selling yourself like a cheap who** and memorable drunk nights. 

I couldnt think of anything else to for the rest of the ppl in this thread to appreciate on the spot. But I love you all too. 

God bless and merry Christmas 

And I appreciate you for joining peoples hands together in joyous slappage. 

Merry Christmas

The volunteers.

The people who deliver meals on wheels,the people who give up their own time with their families to serve meals to the homeless in shelters.

The people who answer the phones for services like lifeline.

These are the real heroes in our societies.

A few jobs that i really think are under appreciated and under paid. 

Nurses - have you seen an ER lately.... looks worse than the TV show Mash unit

Cops -  have you ever been on Granville St late on a Fri / Sat night...  so many people that can't behave decently...

Teachers . -  how would you do with 30 teens  and u teaching a course that the BC government doesn't even supply text books for.. Good luck with that.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, Ryan Strome said:

Yes sir.

And especially a shout out to our most under appreciated, our troops and our police officers.

Most underappreciated?  Definitely under but no one ever thinks about the guy wading chest deep through rivers of feces clearing blockages. This is an actual job in Vancouver.....my buddy had it....

19 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Most underappreciated?  Definitely under but no one ever thinks about the guy wading chest deep through rivers of feces clearing blockages. This is an actual job in Vancouver.....my buddy had it....

How much does he get paid ?

I am reasonably certain most of the professions and services others have mentioned get well remunerated for their work on public holidays.

Volunteers help others because they actually care about others.

Christmas is an especially important time we can all make a difference in our communities.

I am just about to visit a lady in a retirement village whose own family do not visit her,give her a bunch of flowers and have a cup of tea.

I have been doing it with this particular person for 8 years.

Costs you nothing to give a ........

Archived