The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 22, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No they won't pass it up but Boeser did not make a quick turning motion it was a hit from behind that should be a penalty as it is a dangerous play. 

I think it was more of a penalty than the one on Motte, that's for sure.  However, I didn't think it was that bad and I wouldn't have been happy if they called a Canuck player on it.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think it was more of a penalty than the one on Motte, that's for sure.  However, I didn't think it was that bad and I wouldn't have been happy if they called a Canuck player on it.

I'd feel better about it if anyone knew what a penalty was, league is dropping the ball big time in that department. 

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We know how that ends though...suspended, 10-20 games.

It would level things out, for sure, though.  Eye for an eye if the refs aren't using theirs.

Someone needs to point out the inconsistencies that are part and parcel in this league. 

Exposure of the issues needs to happen, otherwise this league can't be considered at as an impartial and professional league. 

I'm tired of it. 

36 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Is that a tiny little Snepts on my phone?  Good post.  Lamenting over non-calls after a game like this makes us look like sore losers.  The team should be proud, they made it hard for them to beat us, even though some lack of respect by not playing Hellebucyk probably won them the game.  We weren’t supposed to win this game, it was a close one though and the players are finding out that they aren’t far off, and can play with the best of the best.

Harold used to block pucks with his head - without a helmet - he was a beauty.

In the old days you used to have to keep your head up - now it's someone else's fault if you don't keep your head up.

I love Boesser but he's a bit of an air head sometimes - I hope he learns to keep his head on a swivel.... kind of like Gaudreau, who just never gets hit - or Kane, who I used to wish Kesler would run through the glass, but you just can't do it - those guys are too aware out there.

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Its not that fans can't handle playoff game, its the inconsistency in refereeing they is baffling. Call all game the same and at least they will know what to expect...

And people think it will be more consistent in the playoffs? LOL, some poster said one of the non calls would of been called in the playoffs? Huh? If they're not calling it in the season why would they call it in the playoffs when the whistles go away.

But yes I've questioned the refs and how this league is run for years, and yes it's very inconsistent, especially when they play a certain way all season then change the rules come playoffs which makes no sense when you're still playing the same sport, it's a bush league and has been run like one for many years and have come to that conclusion and really don't care anymore, because they're not doing anything to change or improve it, and all it does is create more stress in your life when I really don't care anymore and just accept it's a bush league.

1 hour ago, mll said:

I would think Baer rejoins the 1st unit - but who knows how long until he is back into things.  

They take the 2 units of each team who have spent the most time together (so 62 units - 2x 31) and rank them. Not a lot of stability in the units with all the injuries for that unit to still be ranked.   Was also the start of the season where teams were not quite aware of Pettersson but Boeser was rusted and he found his shot in the meantime.  

This was 10 days ago.  Updated numbers has the 1st unit of Tampa now down to 6.6.  Toronto no longer top-5 and the unit is 4th.  

wow, well so much for my eye test :lol:

7 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Harold used to block pucks with his head - without a helmet - he was a beauty.

In the old days you used to have to keep your head up - now it's someone else's fault if you don't keep your head up.

I love Boesser but he's a bit of an air head sometimes - I hope he learns to keep his head on a swivel.... kind of like Gaudreau, who just never gets hit - or Kane, who I used to wish Kesler would run through the glass, but you just can't do it - those guys are too aware out there.

Yep.  And his stache...kept the chicklets safe.  Agreed, now if you make a what for decades was a legal hit you get 20 games, like the person crossing through the middle with his head down doesn’t have any responsibility, who was in the wrong there?  One was injured for a foolish play...man hockey had sure changed.   I remember when GMs were complaining the public wouldn’t like the idea to make helmets mandatory becuase it would take some of the personality out of the game. They were right, and wrong.   I also remember when seat belts were advised but not necessary unless “we are on a highway”.  Babies in parents arms instead of seats that require a degree to install...thank god for third wirld countries that haven’t taken safety to ridiculous heights.  

Hitting is not not the same anymore.  It’s safer for sure; and I’m all for taking the headhunters out of the game given there isn’t enough players left to keep them in check...it’s just too bad, for the fans.

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Was really impressed w Beagle last night too. 

Took key faceoffs, PK, and his line had strong forechecks. 

Even when EP was on the ice, Green had Beagle taking the D zone faceoff.

I think he was the right signing by JB for three yrs  

I was thinking about that too. There was a key defensive zone draw in the 3rd about a minute after a Horvat shift that would normally have Horvat come back out to take it. But with a healthy Beagle back in the lineup he took the draw. I was thinking what a luxury it is to keep Horvat fresh again. 

This was a great signing by Benning. Until Gaudette can fill this role, Beagle is our key guy in these situations. Hopefully, as Beagle's contract ends, Gaudette can take over. 

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Awful and gain a reputation of being sore losers.

i hate it when we lose fans start to believe the only

resodn we did is the refs the jets are a good team!

we didn’t even score a goal man.

travis green already cries every time we get a penalty and that bothers refs so

w don’t need our gm

doing this too tonfurther aggricatte officials

And funnily enough, some on this board defended Hitch for complaining about the non-calls when the Canucks recently beat the Soilers. 

There was even praise thrown his way.

It gets confusing around here:frantic:

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Someone needs to point out the inconsistencies that are part and parcel in this league. 

Exposure of the issues needs to happen, otherwise this league can't be considered at as an impartial and professional league. 

I'm tired of it. 

Me too, Blunt, me too.

I don't get where some are saying Green is complaining. I don't see that at all. in fact he said just last night the refs have a hard job to do. yes he said something about the hit on Jake because he was right everyone  in the arena saw it.  all Canuck fans want is fairness that other teams get. that is not too much to ask!

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Agree. I thought Boeser hit should have been called.. motte was borderline and it's hard to tell if stick hit him in the face. Motte over reacted a bit. 

Wont be a popular opinion on cdc but that's my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

4 years. 3 years would have been perfect. 

Mgmt will figure something out. Maybe a trade to a cap floor team after 3 years when Beagle starts to slow down as he ages.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

and that's the kind of thing that comes with playing together over the course of several seasons.  It's easy to forget that this team is still in the infancy of what they end up being.

Having an offensive defenceman like Hughes will help with puck movement and skating to create lanes on the PP.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too, Blunt, me too.

This has happened before with Burrows and Auger and we've been suffering the consequences ever since. The best course of action is to suck it up and move on as hard as that may be for some fans and players.

Take the high road and let the actions on the ice do the talking.  And believe me, we'll be doing a lot of talking.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I believe it was a 4 year deal, but yeah he's been really good when healthy. 

All this talk about how good you should be to start getting calls is  BS. The rules are the rules are the rules, equal for everyone - or this league is a joke and can't be taken seriously as a legit business. Open to lawsuits from sport betting companies.

When Kypreos talks about getting 2 out of 3 legit calls being a good stat, it's the same as talking about getting convicted for 2 out of 3 break-ins.

We either have laws or we have Trump. One of the two please. )

Archived