Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Mtl (small trade)

zombieksa

To MTL:
Tim Schaller
Van 2019 7th

To Van

Chi 2019 5th 

Small trade - MTL is currently a wildcard level team and are falling short due to there PK of 77.5%. Montreal also only has 44/50 contracts taken up meaning they are on the lower end of contracts and can take on one additional contract and still look to have room for NCAA/UFA signings.

Vancouver has a very strong PK with Sutter still to return. We move a PKer we don't need move up two late rounds. 

10 hours ago, zombieksa said:

To MTL:
Tim Schaller
Van 2019 7th

To Van

Chi 2019 5th 

Small trade - MTL is currently a wildcard level team and are falling short due to there PK of 77.5%. Montreal also only has 44/50 contracts taken up meaning they are on the lower end of contracts and can take on one additional contract and still look to have room for NCAA/UFA signings.

Vancouver has a very strong PK with Sutter still to return. We move a PKer we don't need move up two late rounds. 

I could see MTL wanting to shed a contract and send us back a player like Agostino who Schaller would be an upgrade on, so maybe we could keep our 7th, and trade Schaller for Agostino and the 5th. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I could see MTL wanting to shed a contract and send us back a player like Agostino who Schaller would be an upgrade on, so maybe we could keep our 7th, and trade Schaller for Agostino and the 5th. 

Not sure that Schaller is an upgrade on Agostino.  He has 10 points in 22 games and averages 2.4 hits per game vs 1.3 hit by Schaller.  This was earlier this month and Agostino and Chaput keep on playing.  Julien seems happy with them.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yeah.  I don’t really see a fit. Chaput and Agostino have been very solid since being put together on the 4th line.  Schaller in general doesn’t make much sense for Montreal.  The already lost a similar player this season in De La Rose to waivers because they have an abundance of bottom 6 guys. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

Not sure that Schaller is an upgrade on Agostino.  He has 10 points in 22 games and averages 2.4 hits per game vs 1.3 hit by Schaller.  This was earlier this month and Agostino and Chaput keep on playing.  Julien seems happy with them.

going into the playoffs tho, do you really want to rely on those guys? Schaller did well with Boston when it counted. Just a thought, its the only place I see a fit if there is one. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

going into the playoffs tho, do you really want to rely on those guys? Schaller did well with Boston when it counted. Just a thought, its the only place I see a fit if there is one. 

Would go with them over Schaller.  

Maybe a return to Boston.  Boston is concerned that they don't have enough grit and he was apparently a different player for them.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Would go with them over Schaller.  

Maybe a return to Boston.  Boston is concerned that they don't have enough grit and he was apparently a different player for them.

interesting. I do wonder how much of his less than stellar showing here so far has to do with a poor offseason from his hand surgery recovery. 

On 12/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, zombieksa said:

To MTL:
Tim Schaller
Van 2019 7th

To Van

Chi 2019 5th 

I think that deal fits Montreal’s needs.

Archived