The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Rise of Bolsonaro. the ultra-conservative next Brazilian president

aeromotacanucks

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

Mate i remember being alive when your nation's constitution was worth toilet paper and i am still long aways away from retirement. You must be very young if you think Brazil's constitution or legal systems actually mean anything.

means ORDER

you Canadians are used with tranquility, your "violence" is a penny compared with ours

Brazilians live in fear of violence, we leave our homes without being sure if we gonna be alive in the end of the day, we fear ANYBODY on streets. big cities became a hell made of concrete where after 8PM you cannot leave your home without a car

we want ORDER, we want CRIMINALS DEAD, we want economy, safety, we want live without fear of being murdered for a single cellphone

if Bolsonaro is the way for this good.

5 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

means ORDER

you Canadians are used with tranquility, your "violence" is a penny compared with ours

Brazilians live in fear of violence, we leave our homes without being sure if we gonna be alive in the end of the day, we fear ANYBODY on streets. big cities became a hell made of concrete where after 8PM you cannot leave your home without a car

we want ORDER, we want CRIMINALS DEAD, we want economy, safety, we want live without fear of being murdered for a single cellphone

LOL.

And here i was, several years ago, a tourist in Rio who cannot speak a word of Portuguese, walking around drunk at 2am and nothing bad happening. 

Its pretty sad dude, when people who are only tourists to your country know you are lying......

here´s na old saying. since the original is in portuguese I know the translation will suck...

i lived it as a Young child but my parentes confirm this was true...

TIMES OF MILITARY

during the military regime we could walk at 2AM safely without the fear of being killed by a maniac...

but we couldn´t talk about the government...

during the military regime the taxes were low and things were cheap, cars and other things were cheap...

but we cound´t talk about the government...

during the military regime our economy grew, we had Money, industries, Embraer was created...

but we couldn´t talk about the government..

during the military regime we could go anywhere anytime and nobody asked a thing...

during the military regime we didn´t fear a gun on our head because a criminal wanted your wallet...

then the "new democracy came"...

we can indeed talk about the government..

but we live in fear, criminals rule the streets, our economy is broke, we cannot do anything...

tell me where this is a win?

3 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

LOL.

And here i was, several years ago, a tourist in Rio who cannot speak a word of Portuguese, walking around drunk at 2am and nothing bad happening. 

Its pretty sad dude, when people who are only tourists to your country know you are lying......

at Copacabana i assume, a place with trillions of câmeras...

I´m lying? I live here chump. you are a TOURIST. you visit, enjoy a party and go...

we remain here during facing the chaos...

3 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

at Copacabana i assume, a place with trillions of câmeras...

I´m lying? I live here chump. you are a TOURIST. you visit, enjoy a party and go...

we remain here during facing the chaos...

Rio is not just copacabana mate.

I know its a 100% lie when a tourist is safe but citizens in the same place are living in a 'war zone'. Criminals rob tourists first before anyone because we are easy money, foolish kid.

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

Rio is not just copacabana mate.

I know its a 100% lie when a tourist is safe but citizens in the same place are living in a 'war zone'. Criminals rob tourists first before anyone because we are easy money, foolish kid.

dude you just had a Lucky day, many tourists don´t have this Lucky day...

Rio is not just Copacabana but ask any person LIVING THERE how they feel. they hate it this is WHY they elected a governor AS MILITARY AS BOLSONARO

yes the new governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro is just like Bolsonaro, he defends snipers on every corner to kill criminals...

you know nothing. you don´t live. you go, enjoy a party and leave. while the rest of the population lives there...

heck I showed your statement to a friend LIVING IN RIO DE JANEIRO and she is asking in what reality you live? Rio de Janeiro safe? in what universe?

1 minute ago, aeromotacanucks said:

dude you just had a Lucky day, many tourists don´t have this Lucky day...

Rio is not just Copacabana but ask any person LIVING THERE how they feel. they hate it this is WHY they elected a governor AS MILITARY AS BOLSONARO

yes the new governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro is just like Bolsonaro, he defends snipers on every corner to kill criminals...

you know nothing. you don´t live. you go, enjoy a party and leave. while the rest of the population lives there...

heck I showed your statement to a friend LIVING IN RIO DE JANEIRO and she is asking in what reality you live? Rio de Janeiro safe? in what universe?

I was there 6 years ago. What has changed in six years ?

6 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

means ORDER

Efficiency and progress is ours once more

Now that we have the nuetron bomb 

It's nice and clean and quick and gets things done 

Away with excess enemy 

But no less value to property 

No sense in war but perfect sense at home

The sun beams down on a brand new day 

No more welfare tax to pay 

Unsightly slums gone up in a flash of light 

Jobless millions whisked away 

At last we have more room to play 

All systems go to kill the poor tonight 

Gonna kill kill kill kill kill the poor

Kill kill kill kill kill the poor 

Kill kill kill kill kill the poor tonight 

East bay Ray .....Jello Biafra

My wife and I go to Brazil almost every year for the last 6 years to visit her family who live in Belem. Every time we go back the country is becoming more and more unsafe. Currently Rio isn’t the best place to be after dark or on your own. The economy is in shambles and this has greatly increased the crime rate. With the new president, the country will only go backwards. 

49 minutes ago, kurtis said:

My wife and I go to Brazil almost every year for the last 6 years to visit her family who live in Belem. Every time we go back the country is becoming more and more unsafe. Currently Rio isn’t the best place to be after dark or on your own. The economy is in shambles and this has greatly increased the crime rate. With the new president, the country will only go backwards. 

Finally an opinion from somebody who actually know the field...

Although I disrespect you from the political view. I think Bolsonaro can be a great opportunity to improve

Rio isn't safe after dark, actually Rio isn't safe at any time

Salut from the Western Amazon buddy! 

May Chimbinha lives with you:lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

In what might be a new record, the new Brasil president has his first corruption scandal some 20 days after taking office:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-fuel-theft-blast/missteps-in-mexican-pipeline-blast-trigger-new-scrutiny-of-fuel-plan-idUSKCN1PE08C

Brazil probe finds suspect deposits in Bolsonaro son's account: report

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazilian financial authorities have identified dozens of cash transfers worth almost 100,000 reais ($26,665) that were deposited over the course of a month into the account of the president’s son, according to a TV newscast on Friday.

The report on the National Journal, Brazil’s main nightly news program, said that the Council for Financial Activities Control (COAF) had identified 48 deposits made into the account of former Rio de Janeiro state lawmaker and Senator-elect Flavio Bolsonaro, the son of President Jair Bolsonaro.

Each of the deposits, made between June 9 and July 13, 2007, was for 2,000 reais, and several of them were made in an ATM inside Rio’s state legislative assembly, the National Journal said, quoting a COAF report it said it obtained exclusively. The COAF did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The news show quoted the COAF report as saying that it was impossible to identify who had made the deposits, but the fact that many were for the same amount suggested whoever had done so was trying to obscure the origin of the funds.

The latest revelation is a new embarrassment for Jair Bolsonaro, a far-right nationalist who took office on Jan. 1 vowing to stamp out endemic graft and show zero tolerance to corruption within his government.

The supreme court this week agreed to a request from Flavio Bolsonaro’s lawyers to suspend a probe into suspicious payments to his former driver, Fabricio Queiroz. Flavio’s lawyers argued that, as a senator-elect, he now enjoys certain legal protections, including that any case involving him should only be decided by the top court.

The court’s decision was widely slammed and handed ammunition to critics who noted that Bolsonaro and his politician sons have regularly railed against the immunity from prosecution that politicians enjoy - and which Flavio invoked.

The scandal arose last month when the COAF identified 1.2 million reais ($305,000) that flowed through the bank account of Queiroz in 2016-17. Some payments were made to the president’s wife, Michelle.

Archived