The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Rise of Bolsonaro. the ultra-conservative next Brazilian president

aeromotacanucks

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yes you are Alf.

This is what I have been saying for decades.

There is only so much wealth/resources on this planet.

For those who have nothing,we who have much have to give up some of our wealth,which is what I do.

No need to worry about giving things up, once resources start running out. 

People and countries will start taking resources from those that are unable to defend themselves.

It has been like that for thousands of years.

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

No need to worry about giving things up, once resources start running out. 

People and countries will start taking resources from those that are unable to defend themselves.

It has been like that for thousands of years.

I have my moral code.

That is to treat others in the manner I wish to be treated.

That is why I share my wealth.

It also makes me feel good helping others.

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Just because a large portion of the population don't want public funds put towards personal gender swap surgery does not make those people homophobes. Stupid comment imo.

What?

I never stated that disagreeing with the way public funds are used amounts to homophobia. I am not exactly sure what gave you the impression that I ever supported this policy in the first place although I can't say that I oppose it either. I am indifferent towards it because like a lot of things it doesn't really affect me. Stupid comment IMO.

The point of my post was that @aeromotacanucks only defense for Bolsonaro's homophobia is his disapproval for his opponent's policy regarding sexual reassignment surgeries. This is a candidate that said that he would prefer his son be dead rather than gay. He is a homophobe, plain and simple and it has nothing to do with policy and everything to with his sheer ignorance.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:16 AM, aeromotacanucks said:

If you kill somebody you will be killed. End of story

That's stupid. There are plenty of good reasons to kill someone. And sometimes people do get killed accidentally too. 

"Native Brazilians" (Indians) are not better than any other brazilian and should not be treated differently

They should be treated differently because they are not better, but FAR WORSE OFF than rest of the Brazilians. Ie, a vulnerable and underprivileged minority - the land belongs to them first and foremost, neither does a government have the right to tell its citizens, who are continuing their ancestral lifestyle practices, to change, so that richer brazilians can plant down plantations and make money. 

If you invade a farm you will be killed. If you are destroying a farm you are destroying a food producer 

Likewise, if you tear down the forests of the native people living in them, you should be killed too. You are destroying the livelyhood of a person who is following a far more sustainable and eco-friendly and ancient lifestyle than you. 

On 12/24/2018 at 1:04 PM, aeromotacanucks said:

EXACTLY!

Wanna change your sex? Good for you!

Do it with YOUR MONEY not public money 

Same can be said about any medical procedure really. Suffering from depression ? PTSD ? ADD ? All in your head YOU pay for it. Try telling the military they need to pay out of pocket to treat PTSD and see how well that flies. 

9 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Same can be said about any medical procedure really. Suffering from depression ? PTSD ? ADD ? All in your head YOU pay for it. Try telling the military they need to pay out of pocket to treat PTSD and see how well that flies. 

Different issue. Military serve the country and so they deserve be recognized for it

Sex change operation is not

Just now, aeromotacanucks said:

Different issue. Military serve the country and so they deserve be recognized for it

Sex change operation is not

Not a different issue at all. They are all 'in your head' issues that are symptomatic and not well understood biochemically. 

Military serving the country does not change the fact that PTSD is just as much 'in your head' problem as gender dysphoria. 

Military serving the country does not make any other government employee any lesser for serving the country- and if they have mental issues, it needs to be cared for just as equally. Don't see why it matters if they are a military captain or post office manager. 

13 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

That's stupid. There are plenty of good reasons to kill someone. And sometimes people do get killed accidentally too. 

They should be treated differently because they are not better, but FAR WORSE OFF than rest of the Brazilians. Ie, a vulnerable and underprivileged minority - the land belongs to them first and foremost, neither does a government have the right to tell its citizens, who are continuing their ancestral lifestyle practices, to change, so that richer brazilians can plant down plantations and make money. 

Likewise, if you tear down the forests of the native people living in them, you should be killed too. You are destroying the livelyhood of a person who is following a far more sustainable and eco-friendly and ancient lifestyle than you. 

Have you ACTUALLY VISITED THE JUNGLE???

I did and I do. The so called  "Indians" today use smartphones, drive SUVs or 4x4 and REFUSE TO FLY SINGLE ENGINE AIRPLANES 

The so "eco friendly" environment of theirs is basically open a dirt road and charge for it. People in the jungle are not innocent anymore...

4 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Not a different issue at all. They are all 'in your head' issues that are symptomatic and not well understood biochemically. 

Military serving the country does not change the fact that PTSD is just as much 'in your head' problem as gender dysphoria. 

Military serving the country does not make any other government employee any lesser for serving the country- and if they have mental issues, it needs to be cared for just as equally. Don't see why it matters if they are a military captain or post office manager. 

In USA/Canada maybe

But in Brazil not anymore...

Sex change operations WILL NOT BE FINANCED WITH PUBLIC MONEY 

Military serves the country, they deserve recognition, they put their lives in DANGER

Sex change operation is like "I wanna please myself and I gonna make tax payers pay for it"

Not anymore 

Have you ACTUALLY VISITED THE JUNGLE???

I did and I do. The so called  "Indians" today use smartphones, drive SUVs or 4x4 and REFUSE TO FLY SINGLE ENGINE AIRPLANES 

I have. One random native dude riding an SUV does not negate 100 natives living subsistence level for all their lives. I am very familiar with the Amazonas and anyone saying that most natives are using smartphones and driving SUVS in the amazonas, is 100% liar. 

The so "eco friendly" environment of theirs is basically open a dirt road and charge for it. People in the jungle are not innocent anymore...

Yes, they are. Things havn't changed in one year like the way you say, neither do i believe you that you possess the experience IN Amazonas & Rondonia compared to what I've seen with my own two eyes and several researches whom i know personally that are STILL there and are clocking upwards of 10 years on the field at this point. 

You are victimizing the natives, who's culture is far more sustainable than yours and they have just as much rights to the rainforest as a farmer has towards their farm. 

2 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

In USA/Canada maybe

But in Brazil not anymore...

Sex change operations WILL NOT BE FINANCED WITH PUBLIC MONEY 

Military serves the country, they deserve recognition, they put their lives in DANGER

Sex change operation is like "I wanna please myself and I gonna make tax payers pay for it"

Not anymore 

Sure it won't be. but it doesn't change the fact that the policy is flawed and a sex change operation for gender dysphoria is equally valid as a soldier seeking treatment for PTSD. 

Military serves the country. So does every single government employee. From the police to the postman to the mayor's administrative staff. 

Sex change operation is just as much as 'i am gonna please myself and make taxpayer pay for it' as getting drugs for PTSD. that much, is objective, empirical fact and i can quote you peer reviewed science papers on this. 

You have zero medical leg to stand on this. 

My logic is simple...

A military take a bullet to protect you and you country. He/she can die and let his family solitary

A sex change operation will not put you on any of these conditions

One deserves be saluted and respected and receive public funding

The other don't. Simple

I want my taxes going to people that DESERVE 

20 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

I have. One random native dude riding an SUV does not negate 100 natives living subsistence level for all their lives. I am very familiar with the Amazonas and anyone saying that most natives are using smartphones and driving SUVS in the amazonas, is 100% liar. 

Yes, they are. Things havn't changed in one year like the way you say, neither do i believe you that you possess the experience IN Amazonas & Rondonia compared to what I've seen with my own two eyes and several researches whom i know personally that are STILL there and are clocking upwards of 10 years on the field at this point. 

You are victimizing the natives, who's culture is far more sustainable than yours and they have just as much rights to the rainforest as a farmer has towards their farm. 

You are very "familiar" with the Amazonas eh?

Wow that's nice but I AM FROM THE AMAZON. Your "visit" is NOTHING compared to my ABSURD knowledge of the region not only in Amazonas and Rondonia 

Nope I know BY HAND all the f÷=×=ing states of the region...

You know? PARÁ, RORAIMA, RONDONIA, ACRE, AMAZONAS, AMAPA, MARANHÃO and TOCANTINS

Each f$%%_'ing region of each states. From the ALTO AMAZONAS to the MARAJÓ ISLANDS 

Their culture is MY CULTURE and if you really knew something about the jungle you would know WHO GAVE DEVELOPMENT TO THE JUNGLE 

THE MILITARY 

A real person from the north ALWAYS RESPECT THE MILITARY

Because you know why? Because when you get screwed you know WHO will save your ass there?

The MILITARY

Go to ANY CITY in the region and ask to ANYBODY their opinions about the military

Bolsonaro receive a MAJOR BOOST IN THE NORTH OF BRAZIL chump

You visit. I have my BLOOD from there

Good luck trying teach how Amazonians must behave.

We gonna eat pure Acai while the extreme heat burns your skin

2 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Wow that's nice but I AM FROM THE AMAZON. Your "visit" is NOTHING compared to my ABSURD knowledge of the region not only in Amazonas and Rondonia 

You know? PARÁ, RORAIMA, RONDONIA, ACRE, AMAZONAS, AMAPA, MARANHÃO and TOCANTINS

Their culture is MY CULTURE and if you really knew something about the jungle you would know WHO GAVE DEVELOPMENT TO THE JUNGLE 

Yes, i am very familiar with them. Enough to know that your BS about 'natives driving SUVs' is 0.5% of the native population of those lands. So too are the views of professional biologists who've lived there for over a decade that i know personally. 

You are justifying why livelyhood and way of means of native who live off the forest are to be destroyed. 
You want to justify farm rights against natives ? Sure. Catalogue all natives who live hunter-gatherer subsistence lifestyle and protect THEIR forest zone just as much and you won't see a problem from me.

Otherwise i will call it for what it is - victimizing natives living their natural lifestyles so big corps can make some $$ and throw some your way, along with destroying the eco-system. 

4 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

THE MILITARY 

A real person from the north ALWAYS RESPECT THE MILITARY

Because you know why? Because when you get screwed you know WHO will save your ass there?

The MILITARY

Go to ANY CITY in the region and ask to ANYBODY their opinions about the military

Bolsonaro receive a MAJOR BOOST IN THE NORTH OF BRAZIL chump

You visit. I have my BLOOD from there

Good luck trying teach how Amazonians must behave.

We gonna eat pure Acai while the extreme heat burns your skin

Ya, except he.

Has a very valid and legitimate argument

You

Don't

The rednecks in the deepest dankest sweatholes of Arkansas voted and still would vote for Trump.  even after he took everything away from them

You can't fix stupid.

People that voted Bolsonaro and expect big things.  Making Brazil great Again=

Are going to watch the jungle burn.  The people suffer more.  The environment even more screwed up.

But at least you didn't respect them leftists or see a man become a woman and your tax dollars are going where you want them.  The pockets of politicians and subsidies for multi national corporations.

Don't pretend that just because you have hope in a guy that he'll be different than any other larger than life individual from the right.  He's a horrible human being, he's going to screw your country harder than FIFA did and you're going to support it because...well, because you get to do you right.

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Yes, i am very familiar with them. Enough to know that your BS about 'natives driving SUVs' is 0.5% of the native population of those lands. So too are the views of professional biologists who've lived there for over a decade that i know personally. 

You are justifying why livelyhood and way of means of native who live off the forest are to be destroyed. 
You want to justify farm rights against natives ? Sure. Catalogue all natives who live hunter-gatherer subsistence lifestyle and protect THEIR forest zone just as much and you won't see a problem from me.

Otherwise i will call it for what it is - victimizing natives living their natural lifestyles so big corps can make some $$ and throw some your way, along with destroying the eco-system. 

I wanna see your "balls" to try say that to a MILITARY PERSONEL IN THE AMAZON JUNGLE 

You cannot even step a foot at CIGS (Centro Integrado de Guerra na Selva) in Manaus and you think your "visits" are better than the locals?

Indians are not better, "Ribeirinhos" and "cablocos"  work even harder and they don't demand different treatment 

January 1st is coming

Better you like the military because they are coming 

13 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

My logic is simple...

A military take a bullet to protect you and you country. He/she can die and let his family solitary

A sex change operation will not put you on any of these conditions

Ok so if a military person wants sex-change, what then ?

13 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

One deserves be saluted and respected and receive public funding

The other don't. Simple

I want my taxes going to people that DESERVE 

Yes they both deserve funding, because both are mental issues with medically consistent, documented symptoms and very poorly documented biochemistry of the human physiology. PTSD is just as valid as gender dyspohria as a class of illness and BOTH of of them are less valid than having an angina. 

The point is not whether military should get treatment funded and a post master should not, the point is, PTSD, depression, ADD, gender dysphoria - they are ALL the same class of diseases/illnesses - mental symptoms that are symptomatically consistent for a medical diagnosis, where you CANNOT find a physical cause for it - you cannot determine PTSD or ADD from a EEG anymore than you can gender dysphoria. So why are you singling out gender dysphoria - if your issue is with 'wasting tax payer money with illnesses in your head that you should deal with', de-fund ALL mental illnesses that are non biological - ie, anything that is not  MRSA or MS or such like = ' in your head, no physical proof = GTFO'. 

The point is also not about military being more deserving - they are not. They are doing their job and if you wish to tell me that Brazilian military deserves 'risking your life for the job' benefits, well Brazil, like most latin american countries suck at war, have hardly been at war and entire militaries of Asia, Europe and Africas are more deserving - they are far more active, have far more decisive war involvement track record and therefore, are risking their lives far more on far bigger scale than Brazilian military and their over-glorified 'border sentry and smuggler-hunter' duties. 

Archived