The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Rise of Bolsonaro. the ultra-conservative next Brazilian president

aeromotacanucks

10 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Yes, i am very familiar with them. Enough to know that your BS about 'natives driving SUVs' is 0.5% of the native population of those lands. So too are the views of professional biologists who've lived there for over a decade that i know personally. 

You are justifying why livelyhood and way of means of native who live off the forest are to be destroyed. 
You want to justify farm rights against natives ? Sure. Catalogue all natives who live hunter-gatherer subsistence lifestyle and protect THEIR forest zone just as much and you won't see a problem from me.

Otherwise i will call it for what it is - victimizing natives living their natural lifestyles so big corps can make some $$ and throw some your way, along with destroying the eco-system. 

The land owners had too much power under the former government.  They pushed Bolsonaro in to power by supporting him.

They are some of the largest money groups destroying the lands of indigenous tribes and murdering them in their homes.  

This guy is so proud of his land.  But is going to rub his hands in happiness at what happens to land situations in Brazil, like the Quilombola's land rights and the further slash burning for cattle ranchers and soy crop plantations

5 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

I wanna see your "balls" to try say that to a MILITARY PERSONEL IN THE AMAZON JUNGLE 

You cannot even step a foot at CIGS (Centro Integrado de Guerra na Selva) in Manaus and you think your "visits" are better than the locals?

Indians are not better, "Ribeirinhos" and "cablocos"  work even harder and they don't demand different treatment 

January 1st is coming

Better you like the military because they are coming 

Indians are not better than...

Ya if I haven't heard that phrase muttered from some far right Canadians who sound just like you do.  Indigenous peoples never say that they are better, we just want people to understand we were here first, respect our land; respect our ways and if you plan on developing it pay us a fair amount of compensation.

But that's bad right?

1964 wasn't that long ago in Brazil.  1985 even less far away.

But you're happy to go right back to it chanting the military is coming.  

Good luck with that

So we're clear though.  Much like America, for much of the world.  When despots are in charge, people are less inclined to visit.  And with literal seas of feces in your bays, endless crime and now a lightweight dictator soon to be in power with no World Cup or Olympics.  Your country is going to be back to where it was in the early 80s

Good luck indeed

1 minute ago, aeromotacanucks said:

I wanna see your "balls" to try say that to a MILITARY PERSONEL IN THE AMAZON JUNGLE 

You cannot even step a foot at CIGS (Centro Integrado de Guerra na Selva) in Manaus and you think your "visits" are better than the locals?

Indians are not better, "Ribeirinhos" and "cablocos"  work even harder and they don't demand different treatment 

January 1st is coming

Better you like the military because they are coming 

Bud, i come from a continent (Asia), where half the militaries there would eat Brazil for breakfast and would conquer your humongous nation, no questions asked, inside of a month. So take your military pride elsewhere - Brazil's military prowess, is nothing more than 'big fish in a fish-tank' syndrome. I have family members who've fought in a war vs a nuclear power, with conventional & nuclear capabilities orders of magnitude greater than Brazil. This makes them more 'decorated' than the ENTIRE BRAZILIAN MILITARY, who have not fought a real war ( ie, vs ANOTHER BLOODY NATION) since WWII. So take your  'yeehaw military pride' elsewhere. It doesn't impress people who come from lands who have an active military fighting other nation states and are orders of magnitude more capable. Clear ?

There are plenty of 'Indians' who are jungle dwellers - the vast majority of them in the Amazonas are - and they deserve to have their livelyhood ( subsistence on the rainforest) protected as much as a farmer does for his/her farm. 

3 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Ok so if a military person wants sex-change, what then ?

Yes they both deserve funding, because both are mental issues with medically consistent, documented symptoms and very poorly documented biochemistry of the human physiology. PTSD is just as valid as gender dyspohria as a class of illness and BOTH of of them are less valid than having an angina. 

The point is not whether military should get treatment funded and a post master should not, the point is, PTSD, depression, ADD, gender dysphoria - they are ALL the same class of diseases/illnesses - mental symptoms that are symptomatically consistent for a medical diagnosis, where you CANNOT find a physical cause for it - you cannot determine PTSD or ADD from a EEG anymore than you can gender dysphoria. So why are you singling out gender dysphoria - if your issue is with 'wasting tax payer money with illnesses in your head that you should deal with', de-fund ALL mental illnesses that are non biological - ie, anything that is not  MRSA or MS or such like = ' in your head, no physical proof = GTFO'. 

The point is also not about military being more deserving - they are not. They are doing their job and if you wish to tell me that Brazilian military deserves 'risking your life for the job' benefits, well Brazil, like most latin american countries suck at war, have hardly been at war and entire militaries of Asia, Europe and Africas are more deserving - they are far more active, have far more decisive war involvement track record and therefore, are risking their lives far more on far bigger scale than Brazilian military and their over-glorified 'border sentry and smuggler-hunter' duties. 

We suck at war eh? Interesting....

Hmmmm. Have you ever studied something called "Paraguayan War"?

You know that conflict that Paraguay started and Brazil nearly GENOCIDED all the Paraguayan population 

We suck eh? 

Aham. So WHY THE U.S. MILITARY and the ISAELI MILITARY  come here to learn JUNGLE WARFARE?????

You know what CIGS is? Because EVERY MILITARY ON EARTH KNOWS IT

We sent peacekeepers to Haiti, job done

We sent to Africa, job done

Good luck trying to underestimate us...

Paraguay did the same in the past, wasn't good for them

Bud, i come from a continent (Asia), where half the militaries there would eat Brazil for breakfast and would conquer your humongous nation, no questions asked, inside of a month. So take your military pride elsewhere - Brazil's military prowess, is nothing more than 'big fish in a fish-tank' syndrome. I have family members who've fought in a war vs a nuclear power, with conventional & nuclear capabilities orders of magnitude greater than Brazil. This makes them more 'decorated' than the ENTIRE BRAZILIAN MILITARY, who have not fought a real war ( ie, vs ANOTHER BLOODY NATION) since WWII. So take your  'yeehaw military pride' elsewhere. It doesn't impress people who come from lands who have an active military fighting other nation states and are orders of magnitude more capable. Clear ?

There are plenty of 'Indians' who are jungle dwellers - the vast majority of them in the Amazonas are - and they deserve to have their livelyhood ( subsistence on the rainforest) protected as much as a farmer does for his/her farm. 

You would eat us eh?

Interesting 

Considering the fact a simple flu can almost devastate a continent while Zica barely disturb us...

Yeah. I'm seeing how much you guys can "eat" us...

Get used. The RIGHT is coming and if you don't like it. Well...

Just stay out...

You know that conflict that Paraguay started and Brazil nearly GENOCIDED all the Paraguayan population 

We suck eh? 

Aham. So WHY THE U.S. MILITARY and the ISAELI MILITARY  come here to learn JUNGLE WARFARE?????

lol saying you beat up paraguay is like bragging you beat up the slow kid with 1 leg in school

Also, bragging about genocide...speaks volumes about the kind of human you might be.

As for CIGs?  Who cares.  In a real combat situation they're fodder.  Lower on the tactical scale than the danish frogmen

You would eat us eh?

Interesting 

Considering the fact a simple flu can almost devastate a continent while Zica barely disturb us...

Just stay out...

Heh

Know who else is coming?

Image result for chinese flag

Good luck with that ;)

Just now, aeromotacanucks said:

We suck eh? 

YES. You all suck. considering that every single person involved in the Paraguyan war has been dead for 50 years, you all suck NOW. There is not a single brazilian in your ENTIRE military that has fought another MILITARY. Your military is over-glorified border guards who case around rag-tag band of rebels and smugglers. 

Where i come from, the military does not bother itself with such action- they deal with other nation's military and leave the PARAMILITARY to chase around rebels and drug lords.

You can take as much pride in your military history - its no different than Italians trying to take pride in Roman Republic's awesome track record at war. The only thing you share, is blood-line. Not one real soldier in Brazil. And thats what the rest of the world's military thinks of your military, because unless you actually FIGHT the militaries of other nation, you are just a rookie, green-horn military. 

They need somewhere to practice in the terrain. They are renting your land and patting your incompetent military in the back. You can choose to be fooled, but seriously, nobody takes Brazilian military seriously outside of Latin America. Its a crappy military, full of people who've never fought a real war. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol saying you beat up paraguay is like bragging you beat up the slow kid with 1 leg in school

Also, bragging about genocide...speaks volumes about the kind of human you might be.

As for CIGs?  Who cares.  In a real combat situation they're fodder.  Lower on the tactical scale than the danish frogmen

Yeah go ahead underestimating us. Yeah Brazil sucks right?

However everyone seems to be so scared of Bolsonaro...

Almost to the point Trump is a Jedi compared to Bolsonaro...

Interesting. Why the fear of Bolsonaro?

2 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

You would eat us eh?

Interesting 

Just stay out...

Brazilian right should realize that there are about 50 nations on this planet who can defeat their entire joke of a military inside of a month without breaking a sweat. I give my third world nation of origin, roughly  1 month to wipe your entire military out without even using nukes. If we did, it'd be over in 10 minutes. So go boast about your  'glorified sentries' military to people who don't know realities of the military landscape. 
Brazil is a country the size of an elephant with a miitary as powerful as a dozen mice. Harsh, but true.

YES. You all suck. considering that every single person involved in the Paraguyan war has been dead for 50 years, you all suck NOW. There is not a single brazilian in your ENTIRE military that has fought another MILITARY. Your military is over-glorified border guards who case around rag-tag band of rebels and smugglers. 

Where i come from, the military does not bother itself with such action- they deal with other nation's military and leave the PARAMILITARY to chase around rebels and drug lords.

You can take as much pride in your military history - its no different than Italians trying to take pride in Roman Republic's awesome track record at war. The only thing you share, is blood-line. Not one real soldier in Brazil. And thats what the rest of the world's military thinks of your military, because unless you actually FIGHT the militaries of other nation, you are just a rookie, green-horn military. 

They need somewhere to practice in the terrain. They are renting your land and patting your incompetent military in the back. You can choose to be fooled, but seriously, nobody takes Brazilian military seriously outside of Latin America. Its a crappy military, full of people who've never fought a real war. 

Why don't you come here and show how hardcore you are?

You cannot beat even the druglords in Rio de Janeiro not to meantion the rest

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Heh

Know who else is coming?

Image result for chinese flag

Good luck with that ;)

Heh. The real masters of Brazil are about to arrive. And since Brazil is less militarily capable than half of Asia, China just has to puff up and the entire Brazilian non-performing military will resign. 
Its funny hearing Brazilians talk about military. Almost as funny as Tibetans talk about fighting. 

um, my nation has bigger fish to fry than chase brazilian drug lords. As i said, our military does not concern itself with chasing drug-lords and be glorified sentries. We deal with other nation's military and fight wars that have come to the brink of nuclear confrontations. We leave chasing drug lords to our police & paramilitary and other joke militaries like Brazil - where not a single serving officer of ANY rank has any real war experience. 

Try fighting another country in a field of war before you pass off your border-guards as 'military'.

Brazilian right should realize that there are about 50 nations on this planet who can defeat their entire joke of a military inside of a month without breaking a sweat. I give my third world nation of origin, roughly  1 month to wipe your entire military out without even using nukes. If we did, it'd be over in 10 minutes. So go boast about your  'glorified sentries' military to people who don't know realities of the military landscape. 
Brazil is a country the size of an elephant with a miitary as powerful as a dozen mice. Harsh, but true.

Except this time we have USA and Israel on our side 

We might not have nukes. But we have something better...

The Brazilian creativity. We refuse to lose. Things are screwed, things are doomed...

We never give up. We stand

Bring the entire 50 nations...

NOT A SINGLE ONE WILL DECLARE WAR AGAINST BRAZIL

Not a single one. 

3 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Actually, no.

YOU cannot beat your drug lords.  To any civilized nation with an interest in exterminating them it would be over in weeks.

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Heh. The real masters of Brazil are about to arrive. And since Brazil is less militarily capable than half of Asia, China just has to puff up and the entire Brazilian non-performing military will resign. 
Its funny hearing Brazilians talk about military. Almost as funny as Tibetans talk about fighting. 

Bolsonaro is throwing open the doors to Corporations and state owned corporations.  That literally means Russian and Chinese interests. 

They only want two things and they do not go away.

2 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

The Brazilian creativity. We refuse to lose. Things are screwed, things are doomed...

Not a single one. 

Nobody has to declare war. 

That's not how nations fall anymore

You have the USA?  You have Israel?  So did the Kurds.

How's that worked out for them this last week?

BRICS

BRICS nations are coming.  They want only two things.

Russia, India, China.  All they want is resources.  All they want is power.  Bolsonaro only has 1 of those things.  Once the BRICS nations are in.  It's already over.

um, my nation has bigger fish to fry than chase brazilian drug lords. As i said, our military does not concern itself with chasing drug-lords and be glorified sentries. We deal with other nation's military and fight wars that have come to the brink of nuclear confrontations. We leave chasing drug lords to our police & paramilitary and other joke militaries like Brazil - where not a single serving officer of ANY rank has any real war experience. 

Try fighting another country in a field of war before you pass off your border-guards as 'military'.

Haiti

Know where it is?

We are there?

We don't need RANKS

We are not conquerors

Our military is for DEFENSE not to attack other nations

We do not need go to a near "nuclear war"

Nope. However...

Despite having a gigantic statue of Jesus in Rio...

Interesting. We had ZERO PROBLEM WITH ISIS during the Olympics!

Curious right? If Brazil is an open lake ISIS should be free to blast the "infidels"

You know NOTHING about LATIN AMERICA and how things work here

LOL. Neither USA nor Israel give two flying f-s about Brazil more than half of Asia. If China, India, Israel, Japan, Pakistan wanted to conquer your sorry military, they'd do it inside a month without even firing off a nuke. 

Sure. And i believe that. And that resistence will come from the will of the brazilian people, combined with their superiority of vast terrian and knowledge of the terrain. But not your joke military. Your joke military would be KO-ed inside of a month because they are boys trying to play a men's game. Zero experience in real war = zero credibility as a military. Simple logic - military people should understand said logic. 

Not a single one. 

They won't if their people don't want to. My point isnt to tell you that we are invading Brazil, my point is to tell you that your pride in your joke of a military is laughable. Its not even a real military. Its just a bunch of border guards pretending to be military. Thats Brazil's military status in the world - a joke. You wanna change that ? start participating in real wars around the globe fighting against a nation-state, than chasing around guerillas and bunch of rebels. 

Till then, nothing you will say will change the fact that last time brazil fought in a war vs another nation was 1945 and even then, they are a very very minor participant, with not a single person in entire brazilian military that has combat experience against another SOLDIER.

Haiti

Know where it is?

We are there?

We don't need RANKS

We are not conquerors

Our military is for DEFENSE not to attack other nations

We do not need go to a near "nuclear war"

Nope. However...

Despite having a gigantic statue of Jesus in Rio...

Interesting. We had ZERO PROBLEM WITH ISIS during the Olympics!

Curious right? If Brazil is an open lake ISIS should be free to blast the "infidels"

You know NOTHING about LATIN AMERICA and how things work here

I don't care if your military is for defence or offence. FYI, there are plenty of nations in Asia with military experience in exclusivey defensive context. 

Simple fact - There is no brazilian alive today who's fought another SOLDIER.

Haitian rebels, drug lords, criminals are not SOLDIERS. 

No experience vs soldiers = joke of a military. Simple. 

32 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

LOL. Neither USA nor Israel give two flying f-s about Brazil more than half of Asia. If China, India, Israel, Japan, Pakistan wanted to conquer your sorry military, they'd do it inside a month without even firing off a nuke. 

Sure. And i believe that. And that resistence will come from the will of the brazilian people, combined with their superiority of vast terrian and knowledge of the terrain. But not your joke military. Your joke military would be KO-ed inside of a month because they are boys trying to play a men's game. Zero experience in real war = zero credibility as a military. Simple logic - military people should understand said logic. 

They won't if their people don't want to. My point isnt to tell you that we are invading Brazil, my point is to tell you that your pride in your joke of a military is laughable. Its not even a real military. Its just a bunch of border guards pretending to be military. Thats Brazil's military status in the world - a joke. You wanna change that ? start participating in real wars around the globe fighting against a nation-state, than chasing around guerillas and bunch of rebels. 

Till then, nothing you will say will change the fact that last time brazil fought in a war vs another nation was 1945 and even then, they are a very very minor participant, with not a single person in entire brazilian military that has combat experience against another SOLDIER.

You know where my PRIDE come from? 

Ok here I go...

My pride comes from a SINGLE NATION administrates THE LARGEST SINGLE AREA OF RAINFOREST ON EARTH

My pride comes from what you call "visit" I call "HOME"

My pride comes from the fact that WE DIDN'T NEED GET INVOLVED INTO A WAR AFTER 1945

My pride comes from the fact that EVERYONE lives in peace here...

You can be Jewish,Muslim, Hindu, Asian or even an Alien.

Here you live

My pride comes from the fact that in Brazil you can have a Sinagogue and a Mosque side-by-side and everyone is fine with

My pride comes from the fact that when a small soccer team (Chapecoense) loses ALL THEIR PLAYERS on an accident...

THE ENTIRE WORLD SALUTE THEM 

My pride comes from having EMBRAER making CIVILIAN PLANES flying all around the world and know they are made HERE by BRAZILIANS

My pride comes from the fact that we have one of the most valuable currencies in the world 

My pride comes from the fact that when our president is elected the entire world talks about it

My pride comes from the fact that ISRAEL was created in U.N with a decisive BRAZILIAN VOTE

And the 1st country to recognize Israel as a country was BRAZIL

My pride comes when I went to Middle East and said  "i'm Brazilian" and the Arabs told "ah. The Pacific country. May Allah bless you"

My pride comes from the fact that yes we had a war with Paraguay and today we're FRIENDS and we do not even need passport to go there (and vice versa)

My pride comes from when Argentina ask us help we help them. Our rivalry with then is only about football but they are our brothers

My pride comes from our 7 Formula one titles and from having THE BEST FORMULA ONE DRIVER OF ALL TIMES

Ayrton Senna

My pride?

Yes I have my prides as a Brazilian...

My prides because seeing you telling how much we suck because we don't subjugate other countries with our military...

Nope. We invite them to come...

My pride comes from the fact that when you see the Amazon river you "visit" it...

When I see the Amazon river you know what I say?

"I'm at HOME"

HOME

You visit, you are a TOURIST, you will NEVER KNOW what is be not only a Brazilian but a Brazilian from the JUNGLE 

You will never know what means fell that feeling at home where everyone wants it

We might die, but we fight, the jungle always protected us despite our behaviour...

Because in the end...

Brazil is standing...

Nations fight, nations nuke each other...

Brazil stands...

Krakatoa erupts, Edna erupts, tsunamis etc...

Brazil stands...

You have an Asian mentality of "we're awesome because we have military"

I'm a LATIN AMERICAN 

We don't need destroy anybody. We're brothers...

Yes we fight and yes we have our differences...

But from Chile to Mexico...

From Equador to Brazil...

Born from 2 European countries, also brothers. Portugal and Spain

We're brothers...

Our language is similar. Portuguese and Spanish are "sister languages" we understand each other...

Kill a Colombian and a Brazilian will assist 

And the entire Asia can try...

The entire world can try...

Brazil will stand...

LATIN AMERICA will stand...

That's my pride

And I'm going to Manaus in January again...

My HOME, my blood, my air...

And I gonna fight until I die but I gonna protect that place against anyone...

A thing you will never understand with your Asian mentality...

Fight knowing you will lose...

You visit, but you will never understand this feeling. 

46 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

We suck eh? 

And the bigot you guys just elected is likely to commit another genocide.  Really something to be proud of.

Archived