The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Retro Jersey Nights

ABNuck

First off I want to say that I absolutely LOVE when teams do the Retro Jersey nights...it exposes newer, younger fans to the heritage of the NHL plus gives us "old-timers" a bit of nostalgic retrospective...if only for an hour. The Boston-Carolina game with the Hurricanes sporting the old Whalers unis was absolutely amazing (and to have them knock off da Bears was just icing on the cake)...

So, with that it mind I present the next greatest concept in retro jersey nights:

Winnipeg Jets vs. Arizona Coyotes (sporting old Winnipeg Jets throwbacks)...it would have to be in Glendale with the home team in white and the fans decked out for the "White-out".

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, HI5 said:

They need to do these..

Fully agree.   They were awesome back then, and now after years of the garbage orca logo, the spaghetti plate feels even better.  

Ive never liked the orca logo.  

Time to go with the stick and rink, or back to the 90s.  

3D4C2E08-D749-464F-A7E9-0DE7AF6DEA8E.jpeg

The flying skate jerseys are, and were, absolutely incredible. If we had a few retro nights every year then it would give fans an excuse to fork out the insane amounts of money a ticket costs. It’s a great idea from a PR perspective

7 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

The flying skate jerseys are, and were, absolutely incredible. If we had a few retro nights every year then it would give fans an excuse to fork out the insane amounts of money a ticket costs. It’s a great idea from a PR perspective

Worked for me for the Maple Leafs game, never saw the black Skate jersey in game in person before always went to games we wore the White Skate jerseys. 

I'm a weird mix between a new fan and an "old-timer", as I've been a fan for approaching 20 years now, but that leaves me out of the picture during the days of the Whalers or Nordiques. Still, as many know, I'm a huge hockey history aficionado and love seeing bits of history come back in the form of retro jerseys.

I really would like us to change jerseys, never like the whale. I do like the colour scheme but the whale has to go!!! If Aquaman wants to make $$ no time like now to make a jersey change and make the bandwagoners come back and future fans go out and buy a new jersey. Depending on the logo heck even some of us who already have a jersey might get the new one too!

31 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I really would like us to change jerseys, never like the whale. I do like the colour scheme but the whale has to go!!! If Aquaman wants to make $$ no time like now to make a jersey change and make the bandwagoners come back and future fans go out and buy a new jersey. Depending on the logo heck even some of us who already have a jersey might get the new one too!

Then you have the people that constantly complain about a lack of identity cause of the jersey we where. Like the jersey matters when it comes to how the players play. You think Bo will stop being a badass cause his jersey keeps changing. Come on now.

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

An orca is a killer whale not just any old whale. 

Archived