Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Clubbing a deceased steed


Recommended Posts

Image result for beating dead horse gif

 

The ol toughness chestnut. 

 

We could use some young and the rekless. I'm not talking about pure face punchers I'm referring to a couple guys who If you come after our stars will chicken wing a guy, Hang a knee, aren't afraid to take a penalty to break a beak and answer the bell for their mis deeds. And if all that balhooey isn't necessary they can take a regular shift as nuclear deterrent and actually put up some points. 

 

 

Targets

Brendan Lemieux he's a rat bag POS just like his daddy and just like his daddy when he steps on the ice you better have your head up. 

To WPG: 2nd + Motte

 

Nick Ritchie Big mean can skate and score takes bad penalties and is redundant on Anaheim. 

To the DUX: Kolya +

 

Ferland: 2015 no need to remind ppl.

his contract is expiring hearing he wants to get paid chino dropping $$. I say pay the man. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You obviously have not been following been Ritchie this year. He’s been a beast for Anaheim and has taken a significant step forward in his development as a power forward. Although I will concede that the bonehead still takes stupid penalties. 

 

That said, I’m drunk and found the picture and thread title hilarious for whatever reason so here’s a rec.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canucks are already the second most penalized team in the league. We went out and signed Roussel, Beagle and Schaller in the off-season. We traded for Guddy. We drafted Virtanen. We have plenty of “tough” players on the roster. We’ve gone down the path of acquiring toughness before. Giving up assets for more is completely counterintuitive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, xereau said:

Sam Gagner for Zack Kassian.  Straight up one for one.

 

The Homecoming Trade.

 

Make it happen, Mr. Benning.

Yeah his 3 points have been the difference maker for Edmonton.

Zack may be a nice guy, and can hit. But he has zero hockey sense. 

Vancouver and Buffalo swapped damaged goods. Move on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah his 3 points have been the difference maker for Edmonton.

Zack may be a nice guy, and can hit. But he has zero hockey sense. 

Vancouver and Buffalo swapped damaged goods. Move on. 

Kassians 3 points > Gagners 3 points

Haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Motte has been incredible for us. Non stop motor, excellent penalty killer and has 11 points in 37 games as mostly a 4th liner (but is used as a matchup player due to his speed and checking ability). For me, he's almost in the category of protecting him in the expansion draft, but we will see in a couple more years down the road. I don't see enough gains from Lemieux to give up Motte and a 2nd on top. Lemieux doesn't seem much different than Roussel who is decent enough for us as well, but having more guys like this will either continue to give us a bad rep in the league or actually make provoke more teams to go after our stars to get these guys to retaliate and take dumb penalties. If we are the aggressors, then that also encourages the game to get more physical, which can be fun to watch on occasion, but takes away the skill from the game away from our stars.

 

I think our fight back is fine as demonstrated against TB. We also don't want to overpay for toughness in UFA, see Lucic, Ladd, Brouwer, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

Targets

Brendan Lemieux he's a rat bag POS just like his daddy and just like his daddy when he steps on the ice you better have your head up. 

To WPG: 2nd + Motte

 

Nick Ritchie Big mean can skate and score takes bad penalties and is redundant on Anaheim. 

To the DUX: Kolya +

 

Ferland: 2015 no need to remind ppl.

his contract is expiring hearing he wants to get paid chino dropping $$. I say pay the man. 

 

Dont think Ducks consider moving Ritchie.

 

Ferland would be a great target if he hits ufa, cheaper to sign probably and younger than Simmonds. Plus he is a LW a position with less NHL depth on our roster.

 

I would be all for getting Lemieux, might be involved in a potential Edler trade?

 

Josh Anderson is a great target, but wont be a cheap player to acquire, but he is exactly what we need, size, skill and grit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

Image result for beating dead horse gif

 

The ol toughness chestnut. 

 

We could use some young and the rekless. I'm not talking about pure face punchers I'm referring to a couple guys who If you come after our stars will chicken wing a guy, Hang a knee, aren't afraid to take a penalty to break a beak and answer the bell for their mis deeds. And if all that balhooey isn't necessary they can take a regular shift as nuclear deterrent and actually put up some points. 

 

 

Targets

Brendan Lemieux he's a rat bag POS just like his daddy and just like his daddy when he steps on the ice you better have your head up. 

To WPG: 2nd + Motte

 

Nick Ritchie Big mean can skate and score takes bad penalties and is redundant on Anaheim. 

To the DUX: Kolya +

 

Ferland: 2015 no need to remind ppl.

his contract is expiring hearing he wants to get paid chino dropping $$. I say pay the man. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think Ritchie is a bust but that’s just me.

 

and he barely fights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...