The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 27, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, 6string said:

Other than Monnor CcDavid, Dry Saddle and VGH is there anybody in their forward lineup you would trade for even sign as a waiver or free agent.

None. Watching this game it was obvious that they have 2 ways to play. one when McDavid is on the ice and they look dangerous. The other is when he is not on the ice and they look terrible.  Most of the Oilers would pass thru waivers. 

So Baer and Sutter get back, who comes out...Gaudette (who will be fine, big minutes in Utica will really help him) and who else...its a nice problem to have i suppose when you cant think of 2 guys that really deserve to be parked or demoted.

Just now, Darius said:

So Baer and Sutter get back, who comes out...Gaudette (who will be fine, big minutes in Utica will really help him) and who else...its a nice problem to have i suppose when you cant think of 2 guys that really deserve to be parked or demoted.

Like you said, Gaudette will go to Utica. Schaller will be waived I think and they could end up sitting Goldy a bit.

Just now, Darius said:

Not sure about sending Gaudette down. He's pretty useful even with limited minutes and he's learning the NHL game. Guess it wouldn't hurt. I still want to see MacEwen up here. 

Just now, Darius said:

Maybe they waive Schaller as he'll likely clear. 

1 minute ago, danaimo said:

None. Watching this game it was obvious that they have 2 ways to play. one when McDavid is on the ice and they look dangerous. The other is when he is not on the ice and they look terrible.  Most of the Oilers would pass thru waivers. 

What a tire fire they are with all those oppurtunities they blew. Puljujarvi is mostly invisible for example.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not sure about sending Gaudette down. He's pretty useful even with limited minutes and he's learning the NHL game. Guess it wouldn't hurt. I still want to see MacEwen up here. 

I agree.  I think the kid can benefit from being here or utica.  But with two guys coming back there has to be an odd man (or two in this case) out.  Someone mentioned Schaller...maybe so, I just have a hard time thinking Benning will waive a guy he gave a decent contract to.

Edit: come to think of it, he did send down Gagner.  Hes not afraid to move guys I suppose.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Agreed about MacEwen. As others have said, after the TDL, once the team can carry more players, it would be awesome if we could see BigMac up here for a bit...and not just to sit!!

8 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Oh Hitch crying about injuries. I don’t feel sorry for them one bit especially after what our team has gone through the last few seasons.

What a difference between hearing Green during our injury stretch and this whiny bitch. 

Archived