The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 27, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

My eyesight must be fading, the box score indicated that Edler had 11 hits tonight. That’s more than any player on either team! Contract year?

Edler has been and is a beast for the Canucks. Even in the years when the Canucks had no fight back at all, Edler was there throwing big hits on the other teams biggest players.

This guy is just not afraid. There was one hit in this game he threw, I cannot remember who it was on, when I really remembered how tough this guy is. Ya, he does not fight but he is a "fighter". Just not afraid. The fact that Guddy, Virt, Roussel, Beagle, Horvat, and Hutton are now getting tougher lets Edler know he does not need to be the only big guy on the team IMO.

3 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Petersson Boeser

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Motte Beagle Roussel

Leivo

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Biega Pouliot

Del Zotto Stecher (inj)

Markstrom

Nilsson

Waive Gaudette and Schaller

Personally, I would prefer Leivo on EP's line.

Great TEAM game.

I know everyone is talking about Pettersson's line, but I think you have to give credit to Beagle and crew... they really took it to Oilers... great forecheck and double teaming with Horvat against McDavid's line were crucial in shutting down them in even strength play.  Beagle is really showing how good a defensive center he is... basically we have two excellent shutdown lines... Horvat or Beagle.  I wish John/John had given Motte a star, he doesn't get too many chances and he deserved it on behalf of his line.

Of course, you can't ignore what Pettersson/Boeser/Goldy did... Goldy showed on the two goals his real potential to be a genuine NHL star... if only he could be more consistent.  Boeser was money when he needed to be, and of course, Pettersson's pass for the 2nd goal was pure genius and HIS SHOT on his own goal... just as John said, EP40 has the ability to take shots which are basically impossible to stop.  That is SCARY GOOD.

On the Defense end... the whole D Corps played well, with perhaps some gaffes from Pouliot... although he did get an assist.  But the real workhorses were Edler and Tanev... when both of them are healthy and playing together, they are among the better defense pairs in the league.  Edler is really on top of his game right now... being physical, getting his stick in to deflect shots or passes, and getting the puck out of the zone efficiently and effectively.

Horvat had a strong game... picked up a point and easily could have had a goal.  He is polishing his board control game with Jake... two of them are starting to develop a good physical system... Jake a little behind but learning fast.  Jake by the way, had a nice hit on McDavid... which most missed but was a part of him getting frustrated.

On to Calgary... which will be a much more difficult task.

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Motte Beagle Roussel

Leivo

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Biega Pouliot

Del Zotto Stecher (inj)

Markstrom

Nilsson

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Must be photoshopped

Murzyn could never skate ahead of anyone

He's actually being lapped.

Hard game to read where the Canucks are. they beat Edmonton after like 8 shots. We as Canuck fans know how that feels. They didn't have to press after the first period. And hats off to the team because they only let two get by them. The Oil hit the post as did the Canucks. Fair to say the Canucks are headed in different directions than the OIL. Subtract that 13 game stretch and the Canucks are division leaders, as we will see Saturday where they sit!

18 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Motte Beagle Roussel

Leivo

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Biega Pouliot

Del Zotto Stecher (inj)

Markstrom

Nilsson

No not Gaudette, make a trade instead

Gotta wonder if Oil fans would secretly wish for Connor, Leon and RNH to be dealt if that means that the team could be competitive and balanced again... I mean

Connor's already got 54 points (on pace for 122 points) while Leon's up there in the league leaders in scoring also (on pace for 100 points); compare Sid (on pace for 100 himself) and Malkin (on pace for 86).  Unfortunate that the Oil are also -11 in goal differential whereas the Pens are +12.  Without goal-tending and defense, the brightest of offensive stars can only get them so far, and gotta wonder how long also before 97 and 29 wish to have a better chance to win elsewhere.  

Archived