The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Florida

J.I.A.H.N

So, IMO, Florida has to do something soon, in terms of being in the playoffs. I think they have a great 1st line, 2nd line isn't bad, but I think McCann can't carry the responsibilities of the 3rd line, so let's help Florida out this year, and get back some futures, in return...……..

Florida Trades

2019 1st, Owen Tippett,  

for

Vancouver's

2020 1st, Bandon Sutter @50% and DiPietro

Just want to get some input back

Florida wants to be a playoff team, so they're gonna trade this year's first rounder for a future first rounder? For one, Florida is 3 points ahead of the worst team in the league. No way they trade their first this season. Especially if the only NHL ready piece they get back is Sutter. LOL.

So they are trading one of their best prospects and a potential Hughes/Kakko pick for Sutter, a 2020 first rounder that after we draft Kakko or Hughes with the pick THEY sent us will likely be in the 20s, and DiPietro? Interesting. Even EA says hell no to your offer. Unless you are Florida offering this to Vancouver in which case the game should uninstall NHL 19 from your PS4/Xbox cause it's a terrible trade.

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So, IMO, Florida has to do something soon, in terms of being in the playoffs. I think they have a great 1st line, 2nd line isn't bad, but I think McCann can't carry the responsibilities of the 3rd line, so let's help Florida out this year, and get back some futures, in return...……..

Florida Trades

2019 1st, Owen Tippett,  

for

Vancouver's

Dipietro?:shock:

20 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Florida wants to be a playoff team, so they're gonna trade this year's first rounder for a future first rounder? For one, Florida is 3 points ahead of the worst team in the league .Nucks…...Florida is 1 game above 500, and are no way out of the race. No way they trade their first this season. They have pretty much the same point percentage as the Canucks...…...Especially if the only NHL ready piece they get back is Sutter. LOL. Sutter is wayyyyyy better than any of their 3rd line centers, and they need his defensive abilities (Something that Horvat has been giving us, and now Beagle as well....with Gaudette still very capable of playing 4th line minutes as he proved.

So they are trading one of their best prospects (who can't break into their line up)and a potential Hughes/Kakko pick (they are 20th OA at the moment, which gives them very low odds)) for Sutter, a 2020 first rounder that after we draft Kakko or Hughes (No we are not getting that high of pick) with the pick THEY sent us will likely be in the 20s, and DiPietro? Interesting. Even EA (who the frick is EA?, LOL)says hell no to your offer. Unless you are Florida offering this to Vancouver in which case the game should uninstall NHL 19 from your PS4/Xbox cause it's a terrible trade.(Give me a break!....go have a Snickers!)

If you are going to debate with me...at least be nice about it!

On 12/29/2018 at 12:39 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Florida Trades

2019 1st, Owen Tippett,  

for

Vancouver's

This is just me being 100% honest, I don't think Demko has what it takes to be a legit NHL starter, but DiPietro from what I have saw so far, does.

From me, it's a no. 

17 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

This is just me being 100% honest, I don't think Demko has what it takes to be a legit NHL starter, but DiPietro from what I have saw so far, does.

From me, it's a no. 

I have heard the same thing, and ultimately, I go on what I have read, and scouting reports, I can find....(I am def....not a scout or GM..lol), but Demko has been ranked pretty high on some top 100 prospects......so I go from there...…….

In saying that, you may be right, and JB, might have to twist it a different way (another prospect? I don't know.)

But the premise remains the same......I believe we will be a competitive team next year, and would like to take next years pick this year (Florida's) and although Tippett is a one dimensional winger, he is a good one, and could be what we need (I think Green is the guy to change that)….I would still do the trade with both being top 3 protected, and have us get the better pick if it rolled over until 2020...….we give up the best NHL player...all the rest are just futures

I appreciate how you worded that...…...it is just fine with me, if you disagree...….makes me think harder about my ideas.....thanks

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Vancouver - Florida

Archived