The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia 2018: The year of the missing mafia

Zfetch

7 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Right, well, I'm off to bed.

At the risk of being dismissed for OMGUSing, Aladeen's at the top of my scum list so far. He's strongarming, as 112 pointed out, and focusing especially on game mechanics (five-post-gate, 112's role) rather than player behaviour. In particular, his post about 112 being the judge felt un-townie.

I also feel his manner of calling me out is weak. He's hesitant; he's making excuses for me, even. His tone is as if he's waiting to see if others will take the bait and start a wagon against me rather than boldly leading it himself.

I can ISO his posts properly later, I suppose, but obviously my opinions on him are now compromised by his own mudslinging of my good name. If anyone else wants to give him a glance over, please do.

So unvote; vote Aladeen. But please, future hosts, stop making us on opposite teams. :(

For round 1, MR seems too confident in Aladeen being mafia. Especially the last sentence. It could even be a slip-up because MR is mafia and knows Aladeen is TP. Ok, probably not a slip-up because every time someone is accused of slipping up it's literally never an actual slip-up. But this still seems too confident.

3 hours ago, 112 said:

Stammer's posts left me with a slightly bitter after-taste. There's a side of me, the one that used to be my dominant part entering my great year of mafia (2013), which suspects he was looking to get in good with the TP by conversing on game mechanics right out of the starting gate. I think he cares more about his image than really solving.

I have this thought as well about somebody, but it's not about Stamkos. Otherwise's presence has been just that, a presence so far. Could be a big reach by me at this point on her, but her post about the post counts has really been the only noticeable thing so far from her and it didn't really stimulate a further discussion.

Granted, I think I'm like 0 for 4 on my reads of otherwise.

I feel like there are a bunch of people that can be cleared as TP for reasons that basically have to do with angleshooting. Would Zfetch really design his role PMs in a way that can let this happen? I also feel like I shouldn't talk about this but it's hard to ignore the elephant in the room 

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

I feel like there are a bunch of people that can be cleared as TP for reasons that basically have to do with angleshooting. Would Zfetch really design his role PMs in a way that can let this happen? I also feel like I shouldn't talk about this but it's hard to ignore the elephant in the room 

Thought about it, but I don't think Zfetch would make it that simple. Also keep in mind that post content doesn't change meta for some players. Does MH's behavior/post content give you an indication of his faction so far given his history?

I don't know what to make of the Aladeen/112/MR situation. Not that I'm defending MR because I don't really have an opinion on him yet, but Aladeen's behavior doesn't look out of the ordinary to me. I've seen him act this aggressive behavior to players this early when he's been part of both factions. However:

7 hours ago, Aladeen said:

But when I type in the thread I type to post.  It is scummy BEHAVIOUR starting a post and then editing it or deciding not to post it. Constantly changing or rethinking what you type is how you play when you’re afraid of exposing yourself as scum.

On a personal level, I disagree with this. Only a Sith deals with absolute, by the way. 

BJ beat me to it just now, but...

8 hours ago, Aladeen said:

But when I type in the thread I type to post.  It is scummy BEHAVIOUR starting a post and then editing it or deciding not to post it. Constantly changing or rethinking what you type is how you play when you’re afraid of exposing yourself as scum.

Good for you. I edit and re-start and even cancel my posts all the time as I make them. Sometimes I reconsider the implications of what I might say; sometimes I have to stop myself from jumping into a discussion that doesn't involve me; sometimes I just feel I'm not expressing myself clearly enough and so leave and come back to the point later.

Archived