The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia 2018: The year of the missing mafia

Zfetch

7 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Fetchy no hard feelings for calling you a she in my first game in mafia: neopololitan over a year and a half ago? 

Man I remember that game well. 

I remember calling you that because you had the yelling woman as your profile picture. Good times

56 minutes ago, 112 said:

I feel this game taught me a lot about playing TP in LyLo (or I really hope it did). There were definitely things I thought were up, especially with BJ, but I didn't press them into my mind enough to discard the DM assumption and pursue BJ as mafia.

For the most part I knew BW was town. At the end there, when he wasn't sure of my innocence and placed serious votes on me, I got suspicious of him all of a sudden because I did not think he would actually read me as scum in that situation and decided to poke him back to see how he would react. This makes sense in light of reading BW's perception of the DM situation (mafia bait), but I probably should have seen more into the DM situation and tried to convince BW to stay on BJ instead of saying 'oh well, let's just hope it's Melvin.'

Either way, again, props to the scum team and BJ in particular--they absolutely deserved the win.

What was my saving grace if you don't mind me asking?

I was planning on keeping BW alive no matter what to set up the WIFOM I wanted, but the MK was down between you and Stamkos. I killed Stamkos because I thought that would cause you and BW to turn on each other, but that never happened, so I had to use DM as the alternative. 

1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

Zodiac was my 3rd game.

Seems like a lot of us have taken part in big games early on in our mafia careers.

Makes sense, actually. Big games will pique a new player's interest more than a random standard game. Thus you all had fun and stuck around long term. 

My first game was...not that. But it was a different era of CDC Mafia. 

2 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'll probably be in for the next one. Preferably I'd like at least a week break before we start again. 

Even if we get just 1-3 huge games like that per year I'll be thrilled. Realistically I can't play mafia year round because I have to put life on hold whenever I'm in a game. :P

I just adapt my life to mafia. :lol: I wake up at 6, play for an hour, go to work, check between classes to do my re-reads and such, then I usually get home about an hour before my wife does, so I make dinner and play, then check in once or twice during the evening before bed. On weekends I get a bit of extra time, of course.

11 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

It was nearly 10 years ago actually. 

I should host an anniversary game. 

11 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

It's also nearly Chinese new year. Hmm. 

But seriously, I kind of want to reserve back-to-back games in February, if we're still eager for games then. Zodiac III followed by a Radish-versary game. (Role madness for the former, vanilla-ish for the latter.)

5 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

But seriously, I kind of want to reserve back-to-back games in February, if we're still eager for games then. Zodiac III followed by a Radish-versary game. (Role madness for the former, vanilla-ish for the latter.)

Then February is all yours!

3 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'll probably be in for the next one. Preferably I'd like at least a week break before we start again. 

Even if we get just 1-3 huge games like that per year I'll be thrilled. Realistically I can't play mafia year round because I have to put life on hold whenever I'm in a game. :P

Realistically I can never play mafia cause I'm busy with:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But I say "you know what Aladden? You can always multitask" Sometimes it gets a little hard, Sometimes it gets a lot hard... I'm not sure where I was going with that... oh yah... typing with one hand is a skill.

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Realistically I can never play mafia cause I'm busy with:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But I say "you know what Aladden? You can always multitask" Sometimes it gets a little hard, Sometimes it gets a lot hard... I'm not sure where I was going with that... oh yah... typing with one hand is a skill.

I have to use two hands. 

Typing with your face, now that's a skill.

3 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'll get my game thread posted in a couple of days but won't start it until the weekend at least.

Archived