The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Czech Republic | Group A | Dec. 29, 2018 | 5:00 PM PT

The Smith-Dobson pairing is IMO going to play a big factor in how far we end up going. Its a talented pairing that is capable of pushing the play and creating chances but as 18 year old defenseman they are also prone to errors. If they show that they are capable of handling their defensive duties and earn more ice time, I really think it will make a big difference for this team. 

1 hour ago, Toews said:

The Smith-Dobson pairing is IMO going to play a big factor in how far we end up going. Its a talented pairing that is capable of pushing the play and creating chances but as 18 year old defenseman they are also prone to errors. If they show that they are capable of handling their defensive duties and earn more ice time, I really think it will make a big difference for this team. 

Smith has been somewhat disappointing to me. Maybe I’ve had a confirmation bias but I’ve seen him make some dumb plays with the puck. His D to D pass at the offensive blue line last game comes to mind, put his partner in a really tough spot and led to an odd man rush the other way. 

Archived