The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Edmonton acquires D Brandon Manning and D Robin Norell from Chicago inexchange for F Drake Caggiula and D Jason Garrison

Odd.

6 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I would if I were him. Can't believe Edmonton would trade for a guy who admitted he injured him on purpose. but then again it is Chiarelli so I can believe it.

According to Mark Spector, Mcdavid was asked and gave Chiarelli his blessing to trade for Manning. LMAO

45 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Huge FU to McDavid trading away his best friend for his worst enemy LOL

Gotta love Chia for getting it done :goat:

42 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh, Chiarelli, never change. Seriously, never change or dealing with a competently run Oilers will be a major thorn for the Canucks.

42 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he had a phone call with Burke and "truculent" came up a lot. 

I have sometimes complained about Benning but I am grateful that Chiarelli is not the Canuck GM. Between this trade and the Florida trade, the Oilers have acquired two guys who are at best 3rd-pairing guys, and only then if your D is not very good. But, as with Megna and Chaput, the coach knows what he will get from these guys every night -- not much offense and questionable defence. .

Don't see how these trades do anything for team chemistry or "intangibles".

McDavid must hate the ping-pong ball that gave the Oilers the top pick in his draft year.

Obviously the Oilers want to add some physical play and toughness. But they already have Lucic and Kassian as forwards and that has not worked out too well.

Admittedly, giving up Caggiula, Garrison, and Wideman is not a huge loss. But I think the Oilers lost more than they gained. (And I don't see money as an issue as none of these guys is paid a lot.)

Archived