The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Edm trying to move Spooner

86Viking

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Eriksson is a disspointment.  But he's playing hard.

I watched him bust his ass skating to create pressure numerous times in the Calgary game. Was good with Gaudette as well! And no more in game naps! :bored:

I don't make that trade.

You say that as if its some kind of rare feat. That's his job. He's a professional athlete and it's expected of him. He is getting paid substantially to do this every single night. 

I think Spooner is actually a decent player, but not at his cap hit. I also don't see a spot he would take, so unless it's something like Del Zotto and Goldobin for Spooner and Puljujarvi (which IMO is actually a hockey trade, so not in Chiarelli's repertoire), then I don't see a deal happening. They save a year of cap by dumping Spooner for Del Zotto and gain a winger that has shown can generate with good players while giving a player with potential to offset it all. Del Zotto hasn't been great, but certainly better than Manning.

BTW, Spooner takes over Goldobin's spot and we send down Puljujarvi and develop him (hopefully not ruined already).

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Eriksson is a disspointment.  But he's playing hard.

I watched him bust his ass skating to create pressure numerous times in the Calgary game. Was good with Gaudette as well! And no more in game naps! :bored:

I don't make that trade.

I have no doubt in my mind that Eriksson is the superior player among the two under performers, but one more year of Spooner (after this one) is better than 3 more of Eriksson. Especially since everything you just said about Eriksson could be done by a much cheaper player.

29 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Dvs5xM2UwAAXSv6.jpg

Dvs5yG0VsAANVU4.jpg

Dvs5zpHUUAApfFV.jpg

LOL, Chia and Looch must be best buddies! :wub:

I remember thinking WTF are they doing with this meathead in Boston? First a $4 mill per season bridge deal coming off a 20 point season. Then $6 mill for three seasons to make him UFA at the youngest possible age!

Why pay $6 mill to make a guy a free agent at 26 in 3 years?

Lucic walked for nothing.  Poor asset management. Obviously it went to Milan's head as well.

Then very quickly to Chiarelli's again in Edmonton... :lol: 

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Lucic walked for nothing.  Poor asset management. Obviously it went to Milan's head as well.

Boston did trade Lucic with only 1 year left in his deal for 2015-Jun-26 Traded from Boston Bruins to Los Angeles Kings for Colin Miller, Martin Jones and round 1 pick in the 2015 draft (Jakub Zboril) They then sent Jones to SJ for another 1st and player. Miller is a decent D but they lost in the expansion draft.

So Boston did decent in the trading of Lucic

this is beyond the GM,coaching staff and players.  this is terrible upper managment for the last 15years... they landed mcdavid then proceeded to dump a high caliber winger(hall) for a run of the mill defenseman(larrson).  then they lucked out with cam talbot but McClellan proceeded  to destroy him by not devolping jack $&!# with the backup tender situation.   now they bring in that old dinosaur hitchcock thinking he was the saving grace and now chiaidiot is shuffling the 6-7d man roles and literally traded connors bestie out of town for the guy who broke his collarbone lol.          you couldnt pay for any better entertainment

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Boston did trade Lucic with only 1 year left in his deal for 2015-Jun-26 Traded from Boston Bruins to Los Angeles Kings for Colin Miller, Martin Jones and round 1 pick in the 2015 draft (Jakub Zboril) They then sent Jones to SJ for another 1st and player. Miller is a decent D but they lost in the expansion draft.

So Boston did decent in the trading of Lucic

We could trade Edler to Boston for Jakub Zboril 

Boston looks like the need help on the LD side for a playoff run. Chara is no guarantee to stay healthy and Edler can take top line duties. 

Zboril is a young Czech defence prospect who has good AHL numbers. 

Archived