The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Russia vs. Canada | Group A | Dec. 31, 2018 | 5:00 PM PT

Apologies if this has been discussed in other Team Canada threads...

How is it that Leason slipped through the draft last June?  Kid has size and skill.  Wouldn't this be noted by at least one NHL scout even if his offensive output wasn't there? 

Is there a chance an NHL team signs hims prior to next June's draft?  I seem to recall that McEneny was signed as a 19 year old undrafted junior even though he was eligible to be drafted.  Can someone shed some light on his eligibility to be signed as a FA?

10 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

How is it that Leason slipped through the draft last June?  Kid has size and skill.  Wouldn't this be noted by at least on NHL scout even if his offensive output wasn't there? 

Is there a chance an NHL team signs hims prior to next June's draft?  I seem to recall that McEneny was signed as a 19 year old undrafted junior even though he was eligible to be drafted.  Can someone shed some light on his eligibility to be signed as a FA?

He seems like a late-bloomer -- he was told he was soft for a big man. I read an article on him and he wasn't on any team's radar in both the 2017 and 2018 draft. Seems like scouts for some NHL teams have been attending Raiders games too now.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nah man

divers suck....tie game and the captain has one diving call and one stupid penalty after the whistle.

the  opposite of admiring say McDavid and absolute hatred of the team, I loved orr ,hated the bruins ,comtios is easily disliked right down to his douchy hair cut ,.but he's got the right jersey for the next couple of days, after that I hope his  phoney style follows him right to the duck pond.

1 minute ago, bigbadcanucks said:

How is it that Leason slipped through the draft last June?  Kid has size and skill.  Wouldn't this be noted by at least on NHL scout even if his offensive output wasn't there? 

Ya, the kid looks great!  

Archived