Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Early EST games should not be allowed vs Western teams


Matt_T83

Recommended Posts

As someone that was just visiting Vancouver for a week, I was so jet lagged when I went back to the east coast (Ottawa). It's tough for me to wake up before 11AM EST (8AM PST). It's been 3 days and I'm still not used to the time change.

 

I don't think these early East vs West games should be allowed. A 1PM EST game is a 10AM game for Canucks players. I don't even know how these guys can be fully awake for the start of the game. Your entire "game day routine" must be off.

 

When a PST team is playing in the east, games shouldn't start any earlier than 4PM EST.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Matt_T83 said:

As someone that was just visiting Vancouver for a week, I was so jet lagged when I went back to the east coast (Ottawa). It's tough for me to wake up before 11AM EST (8AM PST). It's been 3 days and I'm still not used to the time change.

 

I don't think these early East vs West games should be allowed. A 1PM EST game is a 10AM game for Canucks players. I don't even know how these guys can be fully awake for the start of the game. Your entire "game day routine" must be off.

 

When a PST team is playing in the east, games shouldn't start any earlier than 4PM EST.

 

 

Hockey is not for the WEAK...maybe you should find a fluffy sport like golf to follow

The AM games are great for the European fan base to follow

Hockey players  paid millions of dollars should be ready to play at any time...it's such a lame excuse to blame the early start time for losses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I think the 10 am start is harder on western teams than the 10 pm start is on eastern teams. Players are usually up later anyways so its still a harder transition to the 1 pm et start for western teams.

Something I heard loooong ago, Japanese executives coming to the US to conduct business would wait three days before starting so they could acclimate to the new time zone.

Shift workers have more accidents the 3rd& 4th day after going from night shift to dayshift.

 

Some people have a hard time just adjusting to daylight savings time changes.

 

Nilsson was the sacrifice today.

1 hour ago, ey40 said:

To be honest I am not thrilled with Goldy’s play even though he is piling up points. He seems disinterested at times and every time he has the puck I always feel something bad is going to happen.

He has pressure put on him again by Green, he is starting to look to the bench more often to see if he is being pulled off, Green isn't showing that he has confidence in him.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

How did Baer do today? 

Did Baer play? when did he get back?;):lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Something I heard loooong ago, Japanese executives coming to the US to conduct business would wait three days before starting so they could acclimate to the new time zone.

Shift workers have more accidents the 3rd& 4th day after going from night shift to dayshift.

 

Some people have a hard time just adjusting to daylight savings time changes.

 

Nilsson was the sacrifice today.

He has pressure put on him again by Green, he is starting to look to the bench more often to see if he is being pulled off, Green isn't showing that he has confidence in him.

Did Baer play? when did he get back?;):lol:

Yes its part of the game though unfortunately.

Nilsson was a bit of a scrifice but he didnt help his own cause either.

Goldy was awful on that first goal i think it was.

Baertschi is just getting back in the lineup.but if he isnt ready why is he playing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

for as long as I can remember there has always been a sprinkling of early start games , this is NOT  a new thing. when the puck drops its go time . doesnt matter where you , or what time the game starts , its a put up or shut up league, maybe some of the guys forgot "their stuff"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Comparing Japanese business men coming from Japan to North America  to hockey players coming from a 3 hour time zone difference

from west to east coast in North America...makes me LOL

TOUGHEN UP, MILLENNIALS! 

It has to do with circadian rhythms and peak performance, ever wondered why Vancouver is known as a goalie graveyard?

You know they used to plow fields with oxen too, bells got rung, had cobwebs, just a migraine, things change.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It has to do with circadian rhythms and peak performance, ever wondered why Vancouver is known as a goalie graveyard?

You know they used to plow fields with oxen too, bells got rung, had cobwebs, just a migraine, things change.

 

 

still a poor comparison...Japan is 14 hours ahead of NYC , NYC is 3 hours ahead of Vancouver

things change....time zones do not change....when they were plowing fields with oxen, Japan was still 17 hours ahead of Vancouver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a hate on for early games until one of our fellow CDC'ers (who lives in Europe) mentioned it's the only chance they have to watch hockey at a reasonable hour. So I changed my mind.

 

A handful of early games is fine by me. Small price to pay to keep our friends across the pond happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...