The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERBODY!

aeromotacanucks

Wishing everyone the best in 2019, and onward.

It is a strange time in the world but that just means it's important for each and every one of us to make a difference.  It doesn't have to be something huge...being kind when someone's lashing out.  Often, that's when they need it most.  Sharing what you do have instead of trying to amass more.  Reusing things and opting out of purchasing crap that doesn't break down over the years.  Thinking about what we do buy, where it comes from and how it impacts our world.  Slowing down and appreciating life as it passes us by rather than speeding through it and pushing to be first in line.  Be last, so you can observe all that's going on in front of you and tell the story.

Donate to charities on birthdays and other events rather than dreaming of gifts and luxuries that we don't "need" but simply "want" in a keeping up with the Jones' way.   I did this small thing a few years ago as my kids struggled in trying to find me the perfect gift.  I feel proud knowing it's a small donation to the rabbit and elephant sanctuaries I support.

Take our faces out of our phones long enough to have real conversations and look people in the eye.  Get to know each other and take an interest in what other's are doing and saying, not just in telling our own stories. 

As a child, life was simple.  Something as small and seemingly insignificant as smelling the grass as it was being cut on a summer's day has stuck with me over the years.   Absorb sights, sounds and smells around you because they can be the building blocks of memories and instantly take you back to a time and place.  Taking those moments to lie in the shade under a tree and look up, in awe, at the beauty of the sky.  The clouds, the stars and all the magical things that are out of reach but always there.

Reading a book in a quiet space.

Sitting by a riverbank and listening to nothing but nature

Sounds so fluffy and peace, love and hippy...it is.  There's something in REALLY, truly appreciating this life that we've been gifted.   The stop and smell the roses stuff is so important...especially in a world that bombards us with images, sounds and constant information.   We seem to feel that stuff can bring us joy but that's fleeting and never fully satisfied.  There will always be a better, bigger something out there that will be the next acquisition that we strive for.  But the little things are always there, free for us to enjoy. 

We get caught up, at times, in arguing our point (I am so guilty of this).  In staying stuck in a moment that isn't a positive one rather than shifting out of it.   I learned this with my ex...to move on, forgive and find peace (together, as friends).   Even though things got so ugly in the end, you can choose to move past it.  You don't have to drag it through this life.  There's something very special in softening a firm stance.  It doesn't come out of weakness, it actually gives you power.  Because you hold the key to your happiness and can choose not to engage in something that drags you down.   Even when forced into situations that can't be avoided...they're pit stops and don't define you or your life.  One day it will all be in the past as you move forward away from it.

Mostly, just be kind to one another.  It tends to have a ripple effect.  Find your happiness than spread it around.

I think you're all fantastic and really love this space that we've created.  A bunch of misfits who've all come together to share stories, good and bad.  It's what it's all about in the end....connecting.  With others, self and the world around us.

Happy New Year.   May 2019 bring many smiles to your faces and warmth to your hearts. 

10 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

It all started with those big wierdoes from Rio Grande do Sul with their unique tradition of eat dead animals on the most opulent way possible:lol::lol:

Seriously if you want eat a REALLY good Rodizio go to this state in Brazil. Gauchos definitely know how make a barbecue...

Calgary has really good rodizio now i have to go to brazil for more.

19 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Let me guess the owner is a Brazilian from Rio Grande do Sul?:lol:

Heck when I go to these places I don't even bother speak English because everybody is Brazilian on these places :lol:

Think i said before i want to visit brasilia.

15 minutes ago, Violator said:

Think i said before i want to visit brasilia.

Well he have a new president now who took office today. Brasilia is actually very well organized and from there you can pretty much visit anywhere in Brazil by plane in less than 4 hours

Anyway welcome buddy. Feel free and enjoy B)

5 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

OkB)

Or you can say personally Air Canada has a lot of them...

The factory is near Sao Paulo. Actually is very close to Guarulhos International airport, 20 miles actually...

AC is replacing their fleet of E190s with Boeing 737Max ;)

22 minutes ago, trek said:

AC is replacing their fleet of E190s with Boeing 737Max ;)

Weren't Airbus?

Ok I know the A200 is not technically an Airbus (but at the same time is). I still call them C-Series

Max and the E-Series are from different purposes and since Boeing and Embraer are now on a join venture...

Canada is too big. AC needs a regional division...

Archived