The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - WJC 2019 QF CANADA VS FINLAND

Dombrova22

46 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I feel the same way. This group is just missing that X factor. 

It's desperately missing a steady defensive D-man. Not sure what the thought process was picking all PP QB PPG highly offensive defenders without a balanced approached. 

34 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

It's desperately missing a steady defensive D-man. Not sure what they thought process was picking all PP QB PPG highly offensive defenders without a balance. 

I totally agree. Our D is way too easy to play against.  I want our guys to win, and maybe .dipietro can steal us the game, but I’m thinking the .finns will dominate us down low.  5-3 Finland.  I said we might not get passed the quarters.  

Finland has been underwhelming this tournament IMO but Canada is also coming off a fairly underwhelming game against Russia. I honestly think this is a toss up. I am contemplating putting a bet down on Finland. I also think the Swiss give the Swedes a run for their money. Play now has the Swiss at +2.5 which I am taking.

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

It's desperately missing a steady defensive D-man. Not sure what the thought process was picking all PP QB PPG highly offensive defenders without a balanced approached. 

Baffles me as well, especially when Hunter was involved last year and saw how important Timmins was first-hand.

11 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I don’t think there were many good options to choose from. Markus Phillips was supposed to be the defensive d-man on this team, and we saw how that turned out on Russia’s game winning goal :mellow:

7 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Thinking I might go to the game......quite a lot of tickets available and they've dropped in price since yesterday.

Stupid to make the game at 330pm when most people are still at work.. I know they want to accommodate the eastern viewers. 

3 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Stupid to make the game at 330pm when most people are still at work.. I know they want to accommodate the eastern viewers. 

Would have been better if Canada-Finland (3:30 pm) had swapped times with Russia-Slovakia (7:30 pm). Especially since it overlaps with the Canucks game too.

Archived